Why become a member? ×

Wishlist 2021?

barrycreed

20 minutes ago, M@23 said:

@Raslee it’s a mk1 Ida Nielsen signature. Not been on the market for a few years now, it’ll take some hunting and maybe a bit of patience to track one down! 
You might have more luck looking for a relic mk1 VM4. 

The new Ida signature is fantastic too!

7 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s really nice, it looks like the one Ida is playing here 

542DBDC9-0DB9-43DE-99E4-96E6E5E5AD3E.jpeg

Excellent Basschat support - Cheers chaps, that’s really helpful...well I think it is, I can sense the shear fear from Mrs Raslee......Right Ida Mk1 😆

• Haha 2

I had a pretty dry year in 2020, I didn't play much so didn't have a yearning for much gear.

However my 2021 wish list is coming on quite nicely and I'd really like to get back into some sort of band if this Covid thing ever ends.

Basses

@FinnDave's Panther Special keeps calling to me from the Classifieds as does the Anaconda Ultra J4.

I'm also very tempted by a Yamaha BB734 , I keep reading such great things on here about the BBs.

Amps & Cabs

2* Ashdown Pro-Neo 112 cabs and maybe a CTM 100 head.

Pedals

Boss OC-5

Boss SY-1000

Other

I'd like some dual coil pickups for my Shuker J bass, Nords or Barts probably.

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 2

I’m pretty sorted for basses, amps and cabs, and I don’t go much on fx pedals for bass. However I traded my Ampeg PF50T on here to buy an EBS Class AB head (also on here), and I’m now preparing to build a head based on a B15. Ceriatone published a layout for their ‘Aunt Peg’ (ahem!) so I’m going to draw out the circuit from that and see how it compares to the various iterations of the B15.

I have a couple of guitar amp builds in mind too. Otherwise it’s going to be small tweaks to my existing kit e.g. rounds instead of flats on my Dingwall PZ5.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 20:58, PatrickJ said:

Pedals

Boss OC-5...

18 hours ago, fretmeister said:

It appears I ordered one while fuelled by rum.

Incoming this week. 

23 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Just a couple of items on it so far, for when PJ decides to move these on...😁

23 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

And I will take them when Al moves them on again

Couple of months for fretmeister to get bored / sober up and then PJ can buy off him...looks like the train has left the station!

Anyone else want to jump on this excellent OC-5 bandwagon?

• Like 1

1. Spector Custom Forte 4 in black with EMG PJx and Haz 9V

2. EBMM Stingray Classic in natural with maple fingerboard (if I ever find one)

3. EBMM Stingray Special 4 HH in Ghost Pepper or Burnt Amber or another colour (depends on whether or not some new finishes get showcased at the virtual Winter NAMM in 3 weeks) or in natural with black hardware (kind of a Timmy C sig bass, I hope for it every year, let's see, maybe 2021 is finally the year ; -)

4. Maybe a Fender 70th Anniversary P Bass (in case there is one and it is any good)

5. Tech 21 YYZ pedal

Realistically possible:

1. a four ohm 4x10 (preferably EBS or Mesa - used rather than new); and 

2. a Darkglass B7K ultra (probably used)

Not realistic:

1. A Spector Euro 6 string - black matt finish ; or 

2. brand new Mesa Subway 4x10; or

3. Warwick 6 string thumb (used or a new GPS model).

Into the realms of fantasy:

1. A Wal Mk 2 five string

2. Matamp GT200 with matching 4x10

Now that I've gotten my more or less dream P and J Fenders, I'm seriously thinking about getting a cheaper version of each, Squier or even Harley Benton, and mod them a bit maybe, for rehearsal, and travelling/not too serious  (hopefully) gigs (hopefully) (gigs please) ;)

I loaded my J with Lollar 70s (omg) so I have a couple of 99 deluxe noiseless pickups around  to start the modding... Plus the stock fender preamp which was removed...  I may try to use, sell or just keep it in the parts box...

Edited by Obieito

On 26/12/2020 at 20:58, PatrickJ said:

I had a pretty dry year in 2020, I didn't play much so didn't have a yearning for much gear.

However my 2021 wish list is coming on quite nicely and I'd really like to get back into some sort of band if this Covid thing ever ends.

Basses

@FinnDave's Panther Special keeps calling to me from the Classifieds as does the Anaconda Ultra J4.

I'm also very tempted by a Yamaha BB734 , I keep reading such great things on here about the BBs.

Amps & Cabs

2* Ashdown Pro-Neo 112 cabs and maybe a CTM 100 head.

Pedals

Boss OC-5

Boss SY-1000

Other

Update to my wishless.  I've now decided that 2021 is going to be the year of fretless jazz so all fretted basses and synths are off the table.

Basses

A fretless of some kind, sill considering options

Amps & Cabs

Ashdown Pro-Neo 12" cabs

Pedals

Boss OC-5

Other

3 minutes ago, PatrickJ said:

Update to my wishless list.  I've now decided that 2021 is going to be the year of fretless jazz so all fretted basses and synths are off the table for now, or at least that's my story this week. I appreciate you're all looking forward to next week's update.

Fixed 

And we are.

😁

• Haha 1

I don't need anything. Got more than I need on every conceivable area, from straps to mic stands, pa speakers to bass heads. 

However I intend to save for a Plethora X5 and incorporate it into my 2021 three tier mega board. Just for the sheer hell of it. 

As to my wishes just one. Please can Thomann be allowed to find a practical way into the British Market, maybe open Thomann UK. 

The thought of never getting another Bentley Hardon bass makes me very unhappy. See also HB patch cables, strings, cases, bass amps and cabs. 

9 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@stewblackwhat's the concern with getting kit from Thomann? I thought it was pretty much business as usual? 

Apparently not. They can't sell some products to the UK, they can't guarantee delivery, the post office can hold goods and demand tax payment before releasing them, there is a long thread about the various problems. 

Jumping on the Sandberg wagon, I've been eyeing this for a while on their configurator..bit more than I want to pay for a bass tbh.
Never know what the year will hold so who knows.

On a more affordable wish, just to get more fluid at playing so I can do more without constantly looking at my hands or having to think about what I'm doing.

1688552777_Screenshot_2021-01-04SandbergConfigurator.png.33d9e38424003263876fcf76e00d8819.png

• Like 1