Why become a member? ×

NBD Spector Euro

AndyTravis

Sold my Status in a mad panic as the Mrs’ car is making funny noises. It’d been a close second to my sadowsky and I bought it in a mad rush because it was drop dead gorgeous and local...

Anyhow, I wanted to have funds in just in case it’s not a simple fix.

It’s booked in for the weekend so should be sorted fairly cheaply.

Yesterday I Sold a (non working) vintage watch to a man across the street (he mentioned in passing he liked watches the other week and sent him pics and entered into negotiations).

I had sorted my amp situation so wanted to move my Ashdown rig on.

Got a mailshot from Local PMT the other week that they were doing a sale on “pre loved” gear in store.

Messaged them to see if they still had a natural Spector LX i’d spotted last month in stock.

”It’s still here, but it’s red, not natural...”

I went down to see what they were on about.

Love at first sight is nonsense...NOT.

Jeez.

Agreed on price, and then did the “Ive got a p/x can you look at it...” the guy at PMT I’ve known for years (probably 20+) and he’s the manager, great bloke.

Did a decent P/X value. And for the price of the watch and a bit more...I was leaving without my old amp and owning a Euro LX.

E0ED7F13-4BEE-4FDD-805A-9E953509653B.jpeg

3BE96A02-E9B3-4995-A50A-828FC79FB2F5.jpeg

EF754B26-7A51-4617-9CF8-DC153C293921.jpeg

DF722400-1BD9-4B77-AEA8-8F3288E2058B.jpeg

AC410888-800A-4737-A229-305827E1F74F.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 24

6 minutes ago, Simon. said:

Oooh! That's purdy...

Nice when things come ttogether like that! 👍

Genuinely thought I was turning up to look at an overpriced legend...so I was absolutely buzzing. 

The natural one they’d had previously was more than a fair bit worn...

1 minute ago, merello said:

Ouch! Lovely! What was the watch btw?

Omega geneve - about 35/40 years old.

Have got one which belonged to my grandad in my safe, gets serviced etc - wore it for his and Grandmas funerals, wedding day, brother wore on his wedding day...

This one was a cheeky bid on eBay About 3 years ago but wouldn’t hold time and I meant to sort - but didn’t get Round to it and he fancied it.

Too nice for work, so I didn’t need it. Wear older Seiko 5’s and a couple of Swiss rotary’s for work.

I made on the deal as the prices are creeping so he still got a good deal.

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Sold your Status for a...Euro LX Spector? 

Must be a Yammy player who doesn't know any better 😁

Congrats mate - and the EBS rig behind looks pretty awesome too! 

No sold the status to sort wife’s car which we’re limping across the finish line until we sort a new one (to cater for Iris’ Wheelchairs etc) in jan/feb.

Should've changed it 2 years ago, but when we realised Iris would be a wheelchair user, we elected to hold on until we knew where we stood on motability etc.

Sold a non functioning (albeit still fairly posh) watch and an Ashdown rig to fund the Spector.

• Like 1

Weighed this earlier - 3 times to get an average. 9lbs every time.

Guess that means it’s...9lbs.

Did the same with the Sadowsky which is also 9lbs on the nose.

Weird, feels lighter than the Spector- maybe because it’s physically larger so it’s spread out a bit more.

On 29/10/2020 at 19:59, AndyTravis said:

Sold my Status in a mad panic as the Mrs’ car is making funny noises. It’d been a close second to my sadowsky and I bought it in a mad rush because it was drop dead gorgeous and local...

Anyhow, I wanted to have funds in just in case it’s not a simple fix.

It’s booked in for the weekend so should be sorted fairly cheaply.

Yesterday I Sold a (non working) vintage watch to a man across the street (he mentioned in passing he liked watches the other week and sent him pics and entered into negotiations).

I had sorted my amp situation so wanted to move my Ashdown rig on.

Got a mailshot from Local PMT the other week that they were doing a sale on “pre loved” gear in store.

Messaged them to see if they still had a natural Spector LX i’d spotted last month in stock.

”It’s still here, but it’s red, not natural...”

I went down to see what they were on about.

Love at first sight is nonsense...NOT.

Jeez.

Agreed on price, and then did the “Ive got a p/x can you look at it...” the guy at PMT I’ve known for years (probably 20+) and he’s the manager, great bloke.

Did a decent P/X value. And for the price of the watch and a bit more...I was leaving without my old amp and owning a Euro LX.

E0ED7F13-4BEE-4FDD-805A-9E953509653B.jpeg

3BE96A02-E9B3-4995-A50A-828FC79FB2F5.jpeg

EF754B26-7A51-4617-9CF8-DC153C293921.jpeg

DF722400-1BD9-4B77-AEA8-8F3288E2058B.jpeg

AC410888-800A-4737-A229-305827E1F74F.jpeg

That is a sweet looking set up. 

I think that every piece of gear on in the photo is currently on my 'want' list!

• Thanks 1