Why become a member? ×

G&l L2000 USA *SOLD*
£750
Margate

jay-syncro

USA G&L L2000. This is a 90s example of Leo Fender's classic design. This bass feels like an old 70s Fender in terms of feel but without the dismal build quality. It's an extremely well built tone monster with the ability to sit perfectly in any setting. 

Ash body, maple neck and board, MFD pickups, active circuit with bass and treble controls (which interestingly also works passively without a battery installed!), series/parallel switch, G&l Flightcase. The bass weighs 4.2kg.

IMG_20201029_155606.jpg

IMG_20201029_155640.jpg

IMG_20201029_155647.jpg

IMG_20201029_155715.jpg

IMG_20201029_155746.jpg

IMG_20201029_155726.jpg

IMG_20201029_155701.jpg

IMG_20201029_155731.jpg

IMG_20201029_155439.jpg

Edited by jay-syncro
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Why on Earth would you want to sell it Jay ........?

I've stepped down from my bands and have little desire to play, mate. Plus I have another L2000 and the Pino Jag to keep me entertained if I get the urge in the future.. Hope you're all good. 

3 hours ago, jay-syncro said:

I've stepped down from my bands and have little desire to play, mate. Plus I have another L2000 and the Pino Jag to keep me entertained if I get the urge in the future.. Hope you're all good. 

Sorry to hear that mate, you played in some great bands. Hope all's well with Miranda and the kids, hope we can catch up one day when neither of us are gigging and have a beer or two.

Also wish I could justify buying that lovely bass :)

• Like 1

Very nice.

These older G&L's - particularly those from the pre-1992 'Leo era' - are top-quality instruments. I like the clean look afforded by the top-loading SaddleLock* bridge and no skunk stripe on the neck**. Very deep contour on the body and you can guarantee that the neck won't have any gaps around it in the pocket.

These are still widely under-appreciated and so are very good value. Good luck with the sale.

*Originally named Locktight, the name was changed to SaddleLock in 1992 due to the similarity to the Loctite brand of adhesives.

**The necks were finished by hand until about 2005 so there may be slight variations between them. 

Edited by KevL
spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Sorry to hear that mate, you played in some great bands. Hope all's well with Miranda and the kids, hope we can catch up one day when neither of us are gigging and have a beer or two.

Also wish I could justify buying that lovely bass :)

Thanks mate 👍🏻 all good here thanks, hope you and the girls are good too. A beer sounds awesome, it's been a while. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic