Why become a member? ×

How to lose customers and irritate people

Happy Jack

An email I sent five minutes ago to Studiospares:

I've bought loads of stuff from you over the years, both online and from your old shop on the North Circular Road.

If you want me to ever buy anything else from you, I suggest you get rid of the attached insulting nonsense.

And do it bloody quickly. There's a lot of competition out there.

599084791_Screenshot2020-10-2913_13_39.thumb.png.a0f16afbf7c24e635afa0689b01b58d3.png

I've had this, it's becoming a joke, in my case I had to type letters that were completely illegible, and when I hit the 'speak the letters' link, it took me to a magical place where even single letters spoken deliberately are completely incomprehensible, I was in fact introduced to seven new letters in the now 33-letter alphabet. I genuinely believe that the people setting up these systems hate their employers/clients so much that they purposefully make the captcha thing impassible on occasion :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

I genuinely believe that the people setting up these systems hate their employers/clients so much that they purposefully make the captcha thing impassible on occasion :) 

I wouldn't mind so much if they had actually asked me to do a Captcha thing and I'd managed to fail it.

In fact, no Captchas were injured in the making of this topic, and I've had an account with these clowns for years.

Given how many hundreds of competitors are out there on't Net trying to take away their customers, I am genuinely staggered at this degree of incompetence.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Richard R said:

The new v3 Google reCaptcha doesn't actually provide a test for the human to solve. It looks at what you are logging in from,  and makes an assessment of whether or not you might be a bot.

So a Dell Optiplex 3020 is a notorious bot-driven device? :D

34 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

how does it know? If you clear your cache will it work? 

That would be a negatory, Houston (beep].

Switching off/on, clearing my cache, deleting cookies, nowt makes a difference.

Ah well, the only reason (since they moved their shop from the North Circular to Luton) I continued to make them my first-choice supplier was a certain misplaced brand loyalty. No matter ... there's hundreds of the buggers out there.

Tech is great isn’t it, rise of the machines and all that, The other day when my laptop again told me politely that I do not have permission to do whatever it was I wanted to do, I literally shouted ‘I own your flipping derrière you flipping piece of stinky poo womble machine, what do you mean I don’t have flipping permission.........’ 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

Tech is great isn’t it, rise of the machines and all that, The other day when my laptop again told me politely that I do not have permission to do whatever it was I wanted to do, I literally shouted ‘I own your flipping derrière you flipping piece of stinky poo womble machine, what do you mean I don’t have flipping permission.........’ 

Lost some subtlety in translation :)

Edited by Beedster
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Reminds me of Josh Widdecombe discussing computers: he explained why when a file crashes he always refuses his laptop's invitation to send error reports: "I'm not a grass. Besides he's got far more on me than I've got on him!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MacDaddy said:

Reminds me of Josh Widdecombe discussing computers: he explained why when a file crashes he always refuses his laptop's invitation to send error reports: "I'm not a grass. Besides he's got far more on me than I've got on him!".

Brilliant :)