Why become a member? ×

Your favourite music vid.?

bubinga5

I want to say AHA's Take on Me because at the time the drawing animation was so unique..., a few others are so great.... But no as always I go with the funk. Its early 90's Prince. Not for young ears please. When I first watched this vid I was in my late 20's and it properly blew me away as someone who thinks about music. Ive always been aware of Prince's vocal range, .apparently he could sing through 6 octaves, He brings it low down on this cracker. Anyways enough of my babbling. Whats yours.? 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

I want to say AHA's Take on Me because at the time the drawing animation was so unique..., a few others are so great.... But no as always I go with the funk. Its early 90's Prince. Not for young ears please. When I first watched this vid I was in my late 20's and it properly blew me away as someone who thinks about music. Ive always been aware of Prince's vocal range, .apparently he could sing through 6 octaves, He brings it low down on this cracker. Anyways enough of my babbling. Whats yours.? 

The guy who did Take on Me by Aha was a chap called Steve Barron, Limelight Film and Video.........I worked in that video (I'm sat in the cafe at the start)

• Like 3

I always loved how this was shot, the chiaroscuro style, the face on face projections, just mood of it, and how it fits (to me) with the tone of the vocals. Sure there's clichés, but hey, it was that era. I'm guessing it wasn't a huge budget either.

On an even tighter budget, I've always loved this one. Mostly filmed in an old Land Rover. It was the first thing that sprang to mind when I first saw @Cat Burrito's awesome budget vid. Both show that it's more about taste and imagination than big bucks.