Why become a member? ×

Why did i bother

fleabag

Yup, Ebay again. 

Listed 4 bass related items for sale, all collection / cash only...no Paypal

3 winning bidders sent Paypal payments.   I seem to attract the hard of thinking.   The fourth one didnt even pay.  Just sent a message to say they didnt realise it was collection only.  It was stated in the auction in two places,  but  moron number 4 skipped that bit.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I sent moron number 4  the ' cancel this auction  ' option, since the message he sent  above means he wasnt going to collect.  Instead of agreeing the cancellation, he ticked the 'this item has been paid for ' in the auction options. Obviously he didnt actually send any money otherwise it'd be in my PP account

He's got a big feedback amount,  and knows what he's doing,  so this was done out of spite.  Heaven knows why. 

A shame we'll never meet up.

Edited by fleabag

28 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I sent moron number 4  the ' cancel this auction  ' option, since the message he sent  above means he wasnt going to collect.  Instead of agreeing the cancellation, he ticked the 'this item has been paid for ' in the auction options. Obviously he didnt actually send any money otherwise it'd be in my PP account

He's got a big feedback amount,  and knows what he's doing,  so this was done out of spite.  Heaven knows why. 

A shame we'll never meet up.

They do this to avoid unpaid items being logged against their account/feedback. They want you to cancel the sale, so it doesn't reflect on them. I don't send them to option to cancel. I let them stew. After a week or so, you can apply to eBay to have the sale cancelled due to non-payment (which logs an unpaid item on their account).

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

They do this to avoid unpaid items being logged against their account/feedback. They want you to cancel the sale, so it doesn't reflect on them. I don't send them to option to cancel. I let them stew. After a week or so, you can apply to eBay to have the sale cancelled due to non-payment (which logs an unpaid item on their account).

I did cancel the sale, but the buyer has to confirm.  Instead of confirming, he marked it as payment sent.  Now its hassle.

Still ...he's gonna find this out for himself now.

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have given up on Fleabay after my last experience.  I listed some antiques from my late MIL's house.  All with detailed descriptions and loads of photos.  Only one item was sold - a Royal Worcester plate for £10 - it was probably worth about £20.  Unfortunately I'd forgotten to add the cost of packing it and posting it which cost me around £5.  The seller got it and complained about the condition (which was clearly stated in the text and shown in the photos) and claimed it was a second (because she didn't understand the marks on the back of the plate - which were also shown in the pics).  It wasn't a second, but she gave me a bad feedback score anyway.

So she got a proper antique for a tenner, I got a fiver and a bad seller mark.  Next time I'll just take it to a charity shop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trying to "game" the system on eBay is incredibly stupid. They have algorithms and permanent staff which recognise it.

I like the principle that the onus is on the seller to make it a smooth sale, so they are demarked for incomplete sales, irrespective of fault. As a buyer, of course. eBay has moved on from the average member of the public selling their cheap tat online for a bit, when they recognised there is a consistent income to be made from small business pro sellers. One of the factors in being "pro" is accepting Paypal and sending everything out, free and PDQ too.

Yesterday, he decided to confirm the cancelletion after all this time.  Why didnt he do it when he was asked.  He wasnt going to collect so  he was fackin around for the sake of it.

I'm assuming that he finally confirmed because i bought one of his items , and paid using the CC option, but i dont have a CC registered,  so all this time, it just says ' payment pending '

And now he's opened an unpaid item case.   As if he thinks  thats gonna scare me into paying. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bumnote said:

I think ebay in their rules require you to take paypal if thats what the buyer wants.

Nah,  what you have to do is list Paypal in the auction ,  as its complusory, but you can override that on collection only items by stating you will only accept cash, because its a collect in person auction.  A scam was revealed many years ago with collecting in person but paying with Paypal. Paypal allow this.  Its been well documented here so i wont go into it.

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

Nah,  what you have to do is list Paypal in the auction ,  as its complusory, but you can override that on collection only items by stating you will only accept cash, because its a collect in person auction.  A scam was revealed many years ago with collecting in person but paying with Paypal. Paypal allow this.  Its been well documented here so i wont go into it.

Didnt know that thanks

• Like 1

UPDATE

The moron has now left me neg feedback for the item i was selling.  Remember he messaged me to say he cant collect and if i want payment, i would have to post it.  I never ever messaged him, i just simply cancelled the sale.  So the remark about agressive was false, and it was because he wouldnt collect, i cancelled. Then he accuses me of cancelling.  Read the FB screen shot.

Already spoke to Ebay CS, and they checked out the messaging, and agreed he was being a w@nker ( My words, not theirs 😎  ) and are going to remove his bullsh*t  feedback within 2-3 days

Pr*ck

neg FB.JPG

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 2