Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 44-64 P/J Natural. Sold pending...
£700
Kendal NW England

GreeneKing

This has been my main bass and is superb. In excellent almost unmarked condition as the photos hopefully show.

I've commissioned a new build. As I fast approach 70 my back is beginning to ache a little after standing with the bass on a strap for a couple of hours. The bass is 9.5 lbs on my digital bathroom scales so manageable but I'm going for a chambered body and medium scale with my new build. I'm selling to help fund it (and using my cheap Mexican Jazz in the meantime).

34" scale with maple fretboard bound and with block inlays. Can be strung through body or through the bridge. The Tuners are Hipshot Ultralights. The fretboard is Pleck'd meaning that a low action is easily achieved with no fret buzz. It's awesome in this respect. Passive and tonally extremely good. I had no urge to replace the original pickups.

It is fitted with Dunlop strap locks and I will provide all strap fittings if required or I can refit the original strap pins. Presently strung with Dunlop flats that I find are a perfect flat/round compromise.

There is a Hipshot D'tuner fitted but I plan to re-fit the original before sale unless someone particularly wants it left in place.

It has a replacement scratch plate fitted and comes with the original in black. The original has been cross country in a parcel a few times and is scratched but still useable.

Sadly I have no hardcase and I'm not prepared to ship it without one. I live in the NW and would travel a reasonable distance to meet halfway etc. If someone is desperate they could always post me a suitable case. I used to have loads but being sensible and paring down means they've all gone.

Trial here in Kendal welcome with Covid respectfulness.

_DSF1206.jpg

_DSF1207.jpg

_DSF1209.jpg

_DSF1210.jpg

_DSF1211.jpg

_DSF1212.jpg

_DSF1213.jpg

_DSF1214.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, krispn said:

Adam Clayton ‘famously’ used a natural Darrel Jones Lakland which got called the ACDJ. Clearly I’m being a Lakland nerd 😀

Thanks, I have been trying to work that out since I saw it :)

That's a lovely bass. The ash looks better than I have seen on some of the USA versions of this bass! 

The pickups will likely  be the  Lakland NeoPunch/ hum-cancelling J arrangement. They sound nice and beefy with a hot output and also have a decent balance between the output of the P and J.

Looks like a lot of bass for £700.GLWTS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

What are you basing this on? The USA Lakland PJ I ordered is single coil J.

I'm basing it on my own custom-ordered  USA Lakland PJ.  When I bought it a few years ago they used a hum-cancelling J exclusive to that model as standard, so that you didn't get hum on either pickup setting. It's a great sounding J pickup too;, nice and gritty and a fine  match with the aggressive-sounding NeoPunch P.

If they have subsequently changed from that spec then I stand corrected. 

39 minutes ago, tredders said:

Has this got the standard Lakland Precision neck profile?  Rather than the Jazz neck profile, I mean.

I do love a Lakland P bass neck, and this bass is bloody gorgeous and sorely tempting.

It's a 38mm nut with a C profile.

• Thanks 1

With an extended lockdown incoming, selling basses especially without shipping a realistic option, is increasingly difficult. 

This is a great instrument at a fair price but it is of course open to offers with a reduced listed price of £650.

• MB1 locked this topic