Why become a member? ×

Just what is needed

EBS_freak

image.thumb.png.e548c784dc4748898c4d353e31ae4153.png

Funny isn't it? How many times have you heard, "this music thing is not a competition...." 

So is this an invitation to have your ego crushed or for you to be publicly humiliated. Are onlookers going to start feeling bad about their playing - just what is needed right now. And how can you compare showboating when it's not even like for like? It's all subjective nonsense. We've seen this on the countless Flea vs Mark King posts.

It's a narcissists heaven. 

And all this... what for strings... or a pre?

This toxic stinky poo needs to go.

https://www.facebook.com/markbassamps/photos/a.10150626181423632/10158618967978632

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 9

I've just had an amusing idea.

I reckon a.n. other amp manufacturer should get a load of products into the hands of some absolute beasts and use it as an opportunity for gratuitous product placement, even better if it sounds immense.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 1

This reminds me a bit of when I tried out a bass at the London Bass Guitar Show. I played Warhead by The UK Subs (with a pick of course) and quite a few passers by looked at me in horror, as if that wasn’t what the instrument was meant for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are an awful lot of people who rank "skill" above all other aspects of playing. People who watch solos rather than performances. They like to learn scales. All of which (to me) amounts to thinking John Virgo is the best snookerer because he done some right good trick shots.

This will be a wonderful thing for them to watch and participate in. Good for all of them, I hope they have a lovely time!

To be fair, John Virgo would outplay the vast majority of snooker players without the trick shots... but I get your point.

Seems like he's turned his hand to running a vegan cafe - as wikipedia tells me.

Edited by EBS_freak

Tbf to Markbass the whole party tricks / ‘playing the spoons’ style bassist tracks well online, and will win them more shares and likes than someone playing something more sedate. 

I wonder if they’ll wheel out Mark King as the end of level baddie?