Why become a member? ×

“Sold”G&L tribute L2500 £369.00 inc uk delivery in hard case
£399
Wymondham

patrikmarky

This is an original run G&L L2500 Tribute from their first year of manufacture, 2003, so it has the large Tribute logo.

now includes uk delivery with hard foam case..

These basses were manufactured in Korea rather then the more recent Indonesian ones, and many think that these have superior build quality to the newer ones. Not sure about the modern variety, but these also have the same pickups as the USA version.

The fit, finish and playbility are excellent and the bass is constructed from very lightweight ash. It's amazingly lightweight for a five string 

String spacing is 18mm.

The bass has been upgraded with a John East Uni-pre which has a 3 band EQ with pickup blend, mid sweep and pull slap switch, so everything from thunderous rock to a modern tone is easily achievable

https://www.east-uk.com/product/uni-pre-3-knob/

The neck profile is a modern flat oval. Some people think these are chunky, but it's not thick, just wide shouldered. I find it very comfortable to play and cramp-free. A great bass to get into five string playing, and eminently giggable with a range of tones and playability that exceeds some much more expensive instruments.

Condition

As you can see from the photos, it is in good condition for its age and the cherryburst really shines when polished. It has a couple of minor scuffs as you'd expect.

It has a shallow ding in the back of the neck lacquer that has not gone through. This would easily sand out (I usually have oiled necks) but I have left it lacquered for originality.

A battery LED has been installed in place of the centre switch when the new preamp was installed. I have disconnected this to save battery life, but the wire is still there and it could easily been reconnected. During installation of the LED, a small crack has appeared in the lacquer (not the wood) next to the LED. This is in line with the wood grain so not really noticeable.

IMG_20201025_150845.jpg

IMG_20201025_150849.jpg

IMG_20201025_150853.jpg

IMG_20201025_150902.jpg

IMG_20201025_150906.jpg

IMG_20201025_150909.jpg

IMG_20201025_150918.jpg

1ECE2ACC-487A-4794-8DEA-FFE87D5B816C.jpeg

5A9A0F44-81C9-4E3A-806A-9D3ED4AA9685.jpeg

Edited by patrikmarky
  • Like 4

Hi mate! These are great basses having played 4 and 5 string tribute G&L´s. I´ve been using an original Asat bass for years now and nothing has come close to it for tone in my personal opinion. Was just wondering, being that you´ve changed the circuitry, what the tone is like. Is it completely different to the original tone? Have you got any sound clips?

Thanks in advance!

• MB1 locked this topic