Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Danelectro '56 black shortscale lightweight Slightly grey Sunday drop to £200 posted £180 collected
£250
Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

I need to shed some gear so unfortunately this has to go.  I bought it earlier this year for those 'bad back' days because it is so light.

Danelectro '56 bass.  Glossy, piano black with cream embossed binding, rosewood fingerboard.  Short scale, weighs just 2.6kg (under 6lbs).  The thin semi-hollow body is constructed from Masonite, just like the Longhorn, which is effectively hardboard but with wooden bits in the necessary places for strength and rigidity obvs.  Tight string spacing at the bridge, maybe 16.5mm and wide at the nut at 44mm.  Currently strung with (I think Status) black nylon tapes.  Passive, two lipstick pickups, switchable for front/both/back.  Vol and tone.  Adjustable bridge. 

In extremely good condition.  One or two light marks.  The neck strap pin is placed in such a way that getting a strap on it can be fiddly - hence a small scuff mark.

With its retro styling, if it isn't the coolest looking bass on the planet then it is certainly worthy of a nomination. 

I'll say the weight again - 2.6kg.  Not a typo. :) 

It sounds like a Danelectro, don't know how else to describe it.  OK, I'll try.  Front pickup is rich, warm and thuddy.  Back pickup more nasal.  Selecting both gives a burpy, almost Jazz bass, tone.  Just like the Longhorn, in fact, but with a slightly less extreme styling :)

Weighs just 2.6kg, incidentally.

Looking for £250 £225 £200 posted, I now have a hard case.  Or collected from SE Essex £180.  This is a firm price, these are £500 +/- new.  Could meet half way or possibly deliver for fuel cost but I REALLY don't want to stick this in a box and leave it to the vagaries of couriers.

Trades - strange as it sounds I would take PX on an SKB -44 hard case. Or I would be interested in trading this plus cash your way for a Barefaced One10.  But no basses - that is why I am selling it. :) 

IMG_20201025_132147.jpg

IMG_20201025_132154.jpg

IMG_20201025_132212.jpg

IMG_20201025_132222.jpg

IMG_20201025_132233.jpg

IMG_20201025_132246.jpg

IMG_20201025_132254.jpg

IMG_20201025_132429.jpg

Edited by Paul S
Price drop
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to say I now have an Antoria EB-3 :)  But keen to PX for an SKB 44 hard case or a Barefaced One10 with necessary cash adjustments.  Or, indeed, £250 including courier to your mainland UK doorstep!  :)

I missed Black Friday so lets call this a Slightly Grey Sunday price drop to £200 posted to mainland UK in an oversized, scruffy but invincible hardcase or £180 collected.  Could do with this being gone, really.

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic