Why become a member? ×

MusicMan Silhouette 6 String Bass Price Drop £900 - *SOLD*
£1500
Hertfordshire

WishIcouldplay

Price Drop £900

This is I believe quite a rare piece. It is tuned E to E an octave down from regular guitar. Just the same a a Fender Bass VI. Great sound and gives you that tic tac sound that was used on many country music records. Comes complete with case.

Edited by WishIcouldplay
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • WishIcouldplay changed the title to MusicMan Silhouette 6 String Bass Price Drop £1000
On 25/10/2020 at 13:51, WishIcouldplay said:

Price Drop £1100

This is I believe quite a rare piece. It is tuned E to E an octave down from regular guitar. Just the same a a Fender Bass VI. Great sound and gives you that tic tac sound that was used on many country music records. Comes complete with case.

DSC00917.JPG

DSC00918.JPG

DSC00919.JPG

DSC00920.JPG

DSC00921.JPG

DSC00922.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

DSC00924.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have one of these in the original blue dawn finish and it played and sounded great. I strung it both A to A as a baritone and E to E as a bass. In the end up I stupidly let it go cheap when I needed the cash. Sold it on the fretboard forum and then about a month or two later seen the music store Frets had it up for £1400 or thereabouts. Was right gutted then😞

I remember once taking the Silo bass into Guitar Guirar and they offered me £400 for it saying they would likely only knock it out for £800 as it was a niche instrument. I knew that was a bare faced lie so without saying anything, I shut up the case and walked out. 

They’re really great guitars and from my own experience they appeal more to guitar players than bass players. just imo and ymmv

Joe Perry plays the Silo bass on Aerosmith's ‘Back in the Saddle’

GLWTS!

303EAA0B-A788-4B19-90B7-CDEE35D61B38.webp

• 1 month later...
  • WishIcouldplay changed the title to MusicMan Silhouette 6 String Bass Price Drop £900
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • WishIcouldplay changed the title to *SOLD* MusicMan Silhouette 6 String Bass Price Drop £900