Why become a member? ×

I just love listening to people who can sing.

leftybassman392

My lovely wife. She has perfect pitch and is incapable of singing a bum note. She sings in a choir but refuses to sing solo. She did agree to sing guide vocals in a band I was in when we had problems getting a singer. We asked her to join the band but she was horrified at the thought of standing at the front and singing to an audience. Shame. Wish I had her vocal talents cos I love singing but my voice is passable at best and I need to hit that first note before I have any confidence.

• Like 2

On 29/10/2020 at 20:09, MrCrane said:

A voice that drills straight into my soul. And of course Eva Cassidy. So much emotion and soul, without the vocal gymnastics that pass for "Feeling" in popular music at this time.

Edited by mikel
Adition
  • Like 4

This guy..... Kip Winger.... such a huge talent! Fantastic bassist, songwriter, professional ballet dancer, classical composer, Broadway musical writer and an amazing rock vocalist. Here he shows just what his soulful voice is capable of.....

Give him a listen and appreciate the talent...

• Like 1

On 09/11/2020 at 06:56, Mykesbass said:

Did a search and did not find this. Heard this by First Aid Kit on the radio the other night. Fabulous harmonies, and a lovely version of a great song.

Love this, you really can’t beat consanguineous harmony. I bet they were bricking it when they performed it in front of Paul Simon!

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

Love this, you really can’t beat consanguineous harmony. I bet they were bricking it when they performed it in front of Paul Simon!

consanguineous! Interesting, but nice use of an unusual word (had to look it up).

Yes, that's one hell of a 'command performance'

Edited by Mykesbass
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I’ll take your use of the word unusual to mean correct in this case... 😉

I did think about editing, swapping unusual and interesting around. In fact, I will, as that will make more sense. And yes, nothing wrong with your choice of words!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

*Ahem*...

On 25/10/2020 at 16:18, leftybassman392 said:

Another one from me. Two for one actually.

Both outstanding singers in their own right, and Krauss in particular is IMHO one of the best harmony singers in the business. The music won't be to many peoples' taste, but that's not what this thread is about:

;)

On 25/10/2020 at 16:18, leftybassman392 said:

Another one from me. Two for one actually.

Both outstanding singers in their own right, and Krauss in particular is IMHO one of the best harmony singers in the business. The music won't be to many peoples' taste, but that's not what this thread is about:

I have never listened to Alison Krauss. I particularly like the very close and often dissonant harmonies between Gillian Welch & David Rawlings and the dissonance in the latter’s guitar playing.

• Like 1