Why become a member? ×

I just love listening to people who can sing.

leftybassman392

Take a cue from the Dusty Springfield post I'm partial to some Petula Clark's classics. She had a great voice which made some great songs into great  pop classics. This one's really evocative

On a similar 60s inner urban vibe check out the lead and harmony vocals on this gem. As with Downtown there's something about the production on these tunes which makes them sound superior to most songs.

• Like 3

There hasn't been too many props for the amazing Whitney Houston, who provided some of the most stellar (and best known) vocal performances of all time. 

This is a tribute to her performed (I believe, on the day that she died) by another of the great vocalists . Two amazing talents with tragic ends. 

Edited by peteb
  • Like 1

I do love people who can sing, but it's not everything. I'll explain.

About 20% of the music I love features someone who would be considered as being able to sing well.

About 40% features someone who would be considered as not being able to sing, but I think is a great singer.... Bob Dylan, The Fall, Sex Pistols etc.

About 40% I love but the singer is neither here nor there.. they deliver the song OK, but it's the overall package I love. A well known example of this (but not from my love list) is New Order. Ask a hardcore New Order fan what they love about NO and they won't say "Barney's Voice"

But in the spirit of the thread here is a fantastic vocal performance:

• Like 2