Why become a member? ×

I just love listening to people who can sing.

leftybassman392

5 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I think everything I’ve ever heard about VM supports that. 

I’ve met Jon Anderson a couple of times though -although have certainly never worked with him! - and he seemed ok to me. 

Could’ve been an off day, I’m sure.

Had heard that was the consensus on VM though.

• Like 1

There's too many! 😬

Mostly female. :hi:

Ella, Etta, Aretha, Diana, Carla, Dusty, Shirly, Whitney, the list goes on...

Not so many dudes do it for me... Freddie, Jagger, Bob Marley, Ray Charles, Otis (obviously), Stevie...

Hairs stand up on the back of the neck performance! ^^^^^^^ ❤️

Edited by Ricky 4000
more
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, StickyDBRmf said:

Al Greene makes my knees weak

Yup, same here. Soul music for me provides the best vocalists - David Ruffin, Marvin Gaye, Stevie W, Luther Vandross, Whitney H, Aretha, Levi Stubbs - just a few of a very long list.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm late to the party but I recently found the 'Daryl's House' stuff on Youtube, it's Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates with various guest artists.

There's been a bunch of people playing live stuff of their own and covers on there, I saw Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy doing this old soul classic and was pretty impressed having only heard the FOB pop stuff before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saul Panzer said:

Maybe I'm late to the party but I recently found the 'Daryl's House' stuff on Youtube, it's Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates with various guest artists.

There's been a bunch of people playing live stuff of their own and covers on there, I saw Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy doing this old soul classic and was pretty impressed having only heard the FOB pop stuff before.

I’d have to add Daryl Hall as one of those great voices too. Seen H&O live a couple of times and he is amazing. The ‘Daryl’s House’ stuff is all worth watching too, great band etc.

• Like 2