Why become a member? ×

I just love listening to people who can sing.

leftybassman392

A thread that celebrates the talent of people who can actually sing. I don't need to like the style they sing in or the topic they're singing about. I just want to enjoy listening to people who can sing without the need for studio tricks. Using studio technology to enhance a good voice is not the same as making a silk purse from a sow's ear.

If you don't like the singers being posted, then instead of b*tching about it why not post your own idea of a good singer?

To get us started, here's someone whose singing I've always enjoyed (even though her music often seems to provoke widely varying reactions):

Over to you...

Edited by leftybassman392
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Whilst he's got a great voice, I hate listening to Van Morrison talk. Sadly, hearing his views on things has made his voice less attractive of late :(

TBH, I never could stand his voice, so it made no difference to me!😂

Just now, 4000 said:

TBH, I never could stand his voice, so it made no difference to me!😂

I know someone who worked with him...said he was a “repugnant little sh*t”. So that will do me - said person is the most chilled “get on with everyone” kind of guy too.

Interestingly said similar of John whatsisface of ‘Yes’.

Said ZZ Top were ace though. Particularly Dusty.

• Like 1

Just now, AndyTravis said:

I know someone who worked with him...said he was a “repugnant little sh*t”. So that will do me - said person is the most chilled “get on with everyone” kind of guy too.

Interestingly said similar of John whatsisface of ‘Yes’.

Said ZZ Top were ace though. Particularly Dusty.

I think everything I’ve ever heard about VM supports that. 

I’ve met Jon Anderson a couple of times though -although have certainly never worked with him! - and he seemed ok to me.