Why become a member? ×

ALL SOLD!!!
£165
Ghent, Belgium

Bassdude BE

For Sale:

- COG "Inertia" - Knightfall Distortion and Custom Grand Tarkin Bass Fuzz in one! One of a kind custom pedal! => 185Euro/ 165£

"Inertia" is a custom, one of a kind pedal designed to provide warmth and dynamic distortion through the Knightfall, and huge fuzz tones through the Grand Tarkin while keeping a small footprint overall. Subtle changes were made to each circuit to squeeze the last few drops out of what each could do; with the Knightfall running at 18v, and corner frequency adjustments on the Tone control of the Grand Tarkin, in a very similar way to Dweezil Zappa's Custom Tarkin Fuzz.

The Knightfall was selected for this custom build as the requested specification required an effect with the versatility to provide either an always-on overdrive, a boost, or to add just a touch of grit to a bass guitar tone. To mate it with other equipment and to provide increased headroom, the Knightfall runs at 18v, boosted internally. (The Inertia runs on a regular 9v power supply!)

The addition of the Dweezil mods to the Grand Tarkin creates an extremely versatile bass fuzz, with the filtered clean blend maintaining the enormous lows and the combination of Tone, LPF and HPF allowing a broad range of fuzz tones while still retaining the character of the Tarkin. The LPF and HPF controls are both "more" controls, extending the cut-off frequency of each further into the mid-band of frequencies. With the Tone knob at noon, turning the LPF up will add low-mids initially, and turning up the HPF will add high-mids. The combination of the two allows the user to dial in cut or boost of the mids, and a choice of where those cuts and boosts will affect the mids, and also how wide those cuts and boosts will be. Is it overkill? Yeah, probably. Does it sound awesome? Unquestionably, yes!

- Valeton dapper Bass => 95Euro/85£

Super versatile piece of kit fthat offers incrdible value for money!

From right to left:

- Ross compressor clone/ Tuner

-EHX Bassballs clone

- Sansamp alike pre-amp, but slightly cleaner sounding than a Sansamp

- Boss OC-2 clone (as close to the real thing as you'll ever get with a clone!)

- Simple, but very musical one knob chorus

Ad an FX-loop, balanced D.I. and a super-sturdy, yet small and lighweight enclosure to that and it's hard to believe you can get all this for such a little amount of money!

Only selling as I'm starting my own pedal building business now.

COG + dapper sale 2.jpg

COG + dapper sale.jpg

Dapper Bass sale 2.jpg

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Would it be considered rude for me to enquire as to this pedal building business of which you speak? Perhaps a link? 

At this moment it is still in the works as I'm working out the final details of my business plan, hoping to have my shop and website up in early 2021.

I can already tell you that one of the pedals that I will be releasing is a compact version of the Moog EQ filter and some Bass-specific OD's and Fuzz pedals very similar to some of the Darkglass pedals, but at a much lower price point. As soon as I've got all the paper work in order and my website up and running I will post a link here on the forum and will then frequently update the thread as new pedals are added to our inventory. 

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

INERTIA was made for @Kev and I bought it off him. It's a wicked good pedal and would recommend it to anyone looking for some decent fuzz sounds.

https://www.cogeffects.co.uk/inertia.php

It is a fantastic pedal indeed and I must admit that COG has been a big inspîration for me to start my own pedal building business.

The custom grand Tarkin in the Inertia is no doubt the best Russian muff based fuzz I've ever used and I've tried most of them, the control over the mid frequencies makes it the most usable Russian Muff style fuzz for any live situation I can imagine and I will definitely use a similar approach when we release our own Green Muff.

The Knightfall was always on in my rockband to ad an extra touch of grit to my sound and if it wasn't for the fact that I have just build a prototype that can sound very close to both the knightfall and the B7-K I would definitely still be using it.

Nothing but respect for COG, these pedals are awesome and the build quality is nothing but excellent! ❤️ 

Edited by Bassdude BE
  • Like 1

Bought one of these valeton Dappers to check it out recently.

Not sure on longevity of build but ultimately It's silly good for the money!

This and a decent fuzz in the FX loop and you're pretty much set for a tiny board that'll cover most stuff and you won't cry if it gets nicked.

GLWTS

• Like 1

Inertia is excellent, the increase in internal voltage was the outcome of a discussion to maximise headroom for active basses with big outputs, worked out wonderfully.  It’s a great unit!

• ped locked this topic