Why become a member? ×

SOLD Barefaced BIG ONE w/ silver cloth SOLD
£490
Southampton

Duarte

Regrettably I have to sell my beloved Barefaced cab. This is of the first generation of Barefaced cabs, and has been used for many gigs - so it well loved and it sounds wonderful. I'm only selling as I need to fund my masters in Australia, and I can't feasibly bring it with me.

It is a 15" and an 6.5" speaker in one box, with a sophisticated crossover, and it is damn loud and punchy. At the time of production it was the Barefaced flagship model, the predecessor to the Big Twin. I play it with a Terror Bass and it kills, but it'll perform excellently with almost any amp. It is awesome in a loud rocknroll band and a very loud ska band. As you'd expect from barefaced, it's light. It's a wonderful one cab solution for a relatively small powerful rig.

Areas that are showing wear are the handles - they are beginning to wear out, but are still functional. The cloth is also sagging just a little near the top of the cab - I have included lots of pics to illustrate this. 

It's rough and ready for rock n roll.

I'm not in the UK at the moment, so I can arrange for buyer to view / pickup at my brother's studio in Southampton. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll reply as soon as I can.

Cheers, Zak

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Duarte
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Duarte said:

It's actually a very loud 8ohm.

Dimensions H=75 W=53.5 D=40.5 I believe.

Cheers :)

I’ve just measured mine, generation 1 Big One like yours, and I agree the dimensions.

In spite of the size it’s very light as you’d expect. 

Just now, Len_derby said:

I’ve just measured mine, generation 1 Big One like yours, and I agree the dimensions.

In spite of the size it’s very light as you’d expect. 

Haha, thanks for the confirmation! Yes, it's outrageously light. Carry-with-one-hand light.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Duarte changed the title to SOLD Barefaced BIG ONE w/ silver cloth SOLD
  • Dad3353 locked this topic