Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sire V7 v2 burgundy jazz immaculate
£395
Leyland Lancashire

la bam

Never thought I'd sell this, but I've just made a purchase and this has to pay for it. This would be my number 1 bass apart from I'm back in the tribute game and its standard sunburst p bass territory.

Amazing look to this bass. Gorgeous semi sparkle vintage burgundy / dusky pink colour.

Rolled fret edges - usually only seen on boutique basses, making for a super comfy playing experience.

Ebony fretboard. Super comfy and lovely sounding.

Alder body - very comfy and great sounding.

Heres it's great versatility- its BOTH passive and active. It can be used in passive mode (still using master volume, tone control and pick up blend). Then at the flick of a switch it goes into active mode with an unbelievable pre amp. 15db cut and boost of bass, mid and treble AND a parametric dial for the mids so you can choose exactly what mid frequencies to cut or boost!

Looks beautiful, sounds amazing. Great price. Bought in lockdown, never been out the house. Immaculate condition.

These are sold out everywhere with a long lead time. Probably even longer with the covid situation.

Sticker shown in photo since removed.

20200401_143407.jpg

20200323_142528.jpg

20200326_204101.jpg

Edited by la bam
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tom1946 said:

What's the weight please?

Hi, I'm sorry I dont have any scales I'm afraid. General consensus on the internet is they're between 9lb and 10lb.

It is very comfortable though, and sits very well, so you dont notice any weight.

16 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Ahhhhhh, I'm so tempted. 

I love the roasted maple necks on the new V5s but I reckon I would like the active preamp more than the fully passive V5. What to do.... 😅 

The active preamp is superb. Genuinely superb.

Honestly, just turning the bass dial literally feels like a supersonic bomb!

The beauty though is the ability to run in either active or passive mode. All basses and situations covered.

• MB1 locked this topic