Why become a member? ×

Quirky Fender CS Bass...

Old Man Riva

6 hours ago, Jono Bolton said:

That looks like it neck-dive a lot. I like it though.

Yep, I thought it was a shorty form the original vid, now I look at at in full length it screams neck dive and possibly a PITA to gig as the result. I wonder if that's why it never made even a short production run.

In the photo above - curiously posed in front of two oil tanks - it reminds me a lot of a 3TSB Shergold Marathon I owned years ago. Sadly, now that I've made that connection, all I can see is a Shergold body with a Fender neck, and you know what, suddenly it looks all wrong :)

I would absolutely love one of these. The styling is quirky af and it just really appeals to me.

I’ll probably have to wait until there’s a Squier Affinity version of it though, finances being what they are right now.

The pickup looks the business. If I could get one, or the Guild version, I’d put one on my Bullet bass today. A mate has a Starfire bass with the similar pickup and it sounds immense.

Very much would like to see a run of these basses 👍

24 minutes ago, Beer of the Bass said:

I had one of the Hammon versions of the Bisonic pickup on a bass. It was nice enough but I never did comprehend what the magic thing is that people hear in them that can't be got from anything else.

Yep, must admit I didn’t hear magic, great time, but nothing that would make me think ‘man, I gotta get me one of those PUPs’ . Might get a can of the snake oil he’s used perhaps :)

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

I’ve tried a couple at The Gallery. Lovely basses, but I’ve never been able to get on with short scale basses, more’s the pity. Or maybe it’s a blessing as it would just be another thing to justify spending money I don’t have on things I don’t need!