Why become a member? ×

Which Strings?

adamg67

Oh no, not this topic again!

Every few months someone revives the straight/curved debate, and they just need to remember what Gene said about this when he had the first curved strung bass specially made for him:  "Well, I don't play the bass with straight fingers, so why shouldn't my strings should be the same as my fingers - curved"

Here's the opening lines of Rarfer Friytnt's notoriously difficult bass piece *Straightjacket" which Gene was struggling with when he came up with the original idea:

image.png.aaed7f10a13cf17b9b19c217f5b8fa5a.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Paul S said:

Never mind the bass, the action figure clearly shows a 6 pack.  I can't imagine the rather fleshy Mr Simmons ever sporting one of those, even in his heyday.

Yes, he has rather muscly legs as well. I suspect what we have is the bizarre conjunction of Gene Simmon's head on a superhero's body.

I'm also curious about what some of the other "accessories" are... dare I ask what those things above his head are?

Edited by adamg67

On 24/10/2020 at 18:45, Paul S said:

Perhaps Gary will know @cetera - did you wear such things?

Ah yes, they're interchangeable elbow/shoulder spikes.... for when the guitarist/lead singer has REALLY been p*ss*ng you off and you want to bang into him on stage...

They were hugely necessary in my experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1