Why become a member? ×

UPS

Scooby

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

No, that just means you didn't read the T&Cs before you paid for the insurance

No. They ask you what you are sending. Then let insure it to it's full amount.

The items are not on the prohibited list.

They are however on a separate list thats not easy to find saying what they will be fully insured upto - regardless of what you have insured them for. I would say if they not on the prohibited list and they try to sell you insurance for the full amount then that is unfair to then not insure them to the full amount.

Its misleading at best.

4 minutes ago, la bam said:

Also, people dont realise the cardboard box is essential.

I had a cab years ago that I sent. Wrapped in bubble wrap, and in a full protective tour case. And it arrived damaged.

Courier wouldnt pay out as it wasnt in a cardboard box. Despite me showing photos of the hard case and insisting that is what is used to transport these cabs.

No cardboard box. No compensation.

Read the T&Cs!!! Seriously, this is why some many people get whizzed with couriers, if someone send me a cab in bubble wrap I'd want to strangle them, mostly because it tears really easily and there goes all of the protection for the cab. Bubble wrap to protect cab, box to prtect bubble wrap, tape to protect box. That's how you do it, it's about respect for the buyer also

5 minutes ago, la bam said:

Anywho, lesson learned. No more posting valuable goods. Others can if they want. 

I do agree with that, I look at the way courier have to work these days and don't want anything vaguely valuable in their care, not unless it's sent by a shop who will take responsibility. 

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Having a quick look at interpacels site, it just mentions the following:

1. Must be in a designated protective hard case.

2. Must be wrapped and protected in bubble wrap.

3. Must then be transported in a cardboard box as well as that.

Wouldn't send a guitar or bass any other way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Wouldn't send a guitar or bass any other way.

Exactly, as per my point above it's not just about the courier's T&Cs, but about respect for the buyer. I can't believe the completely useless packaging that some gear I've bought has arrived in. Shops often send instruments in quite poor packaging - for example an acoustic guitar in just a box - but at least you're generally covered if it gets damaged, it's really no fun having to contact a member on this forum to say 'the bass/amp/cab is badly damaged and frankly it's not because the courier was crap - they're always going to drop things or put heavy boxes on top of fragile items - it's because you didn't take the time to pack it well with that in mind' :(