Why become a member? ×

Bassist Heaven

stewblack

Marcus Miller and Louis Johnson (RIP) fighting to get to the left seat first, Mark King to the right after kicking Flea out of his, Larry Graham in the middle, jaws hitting the floor watching me shredding it slap stylee 😉. The OP dos say 'bassist heaven' and not 'bassist realidee' 😁

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Haha 1

I get back some twenty years before I was born - or not:

I see this great band, I have learned the tunes, they do not happen to have bassist around and I am carrying my instrument with me. Someone from the band asks me: Hey punk, can you play that log...?

9 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Being surrounded by my bass heroes would be Bass Hell. I'd just turn into a blubbering fool and make no sense at all.

Happened to me when I (literally) bumped into Dave Ellefson at a LBGS. I regressed back into the teenage metal fan with Megadeth posters on the bedroom wall.

I blabbered and called him 'Sir' 🙄

He took it in his stride and posed for a selfie. Top bloke 😎

17 minutes ago, mep said:

Johanna Soderberg on either side. Do I need anymore?

I met the sisters briefly after a FAK gig in Manchester in 2017. Johanna was impossibly beautiful. And impossibly tall. I’d thought Klara was fairly small because of how she looked on stage next to Johanna, incorrectly assuming Johanna would be fairly average height, so it was something of a shock when she came out and was only a few inches shorter than me. Johanna was taller than me and I’m 6ft. 

I absolutely adore First Aid Kit, without doubt one of my favourite ever bands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

With me outside, nose pressed against the window 

No, that's too sad. Come on over; I'm chatting with Jack Casady and Mark Andes (Spirit...), and there's a spare chair. Phil Lesh will pop by shortly; we've biscuits, too.

• Like 1