Why become a member? ×

Dirty Loops

dmccombe7

Sounds super crisp, I've seen a couple of their videos around and some of Henriks interviews and vlog type videos.
I'm not a fan of that particular bass personally, he has a more traditional looking signature one that I like.
I think Janek Gwizdala owns the prototype or first production model, he was playing it on his twitch stream the other day..seems versatile.

I just had a search, I think this was the first videos of theirs I saw..never heard a bass used in a bluegrass type way before this, great song.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Incomplete list of the stuff that is wrong with this music:
- On the one, two, three and four, it doesn't go THUMP, THUMP, etc.
- More than two different chords
- Oh, and BTW, where in fact IS the one?
- They're not playing in a pub - before a bored audience that rather would've gone home already and do that person they now have to dance with some more
- They seem to enjoy themselves
- Jaco, well known purveyor of two-chord Thump, only needed four.

I know this very well. I learn it from a forum.
😉

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yes i had to google what they were all about but the tuning is a bit of a pain. Not sure if its worth the effort for an average player like me. :laugh1:

Dave

Same as me Dave, I remember reading about them about a year ago, I think I’ll stick to my trusty jazz😄, I had to look the bassist up , Henrik Linder, he plays so effortlessly 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Same as me Dave, I remember reading about them about a year ago, I think I’ll stick to my trusty jazz😄, I had to look the bassist up , Henrik Linder, he plays so effortlessly 

He appears to have done things "properly" studying bass at a music college of some kind where he met the others i think. If you watch his right hand technique i find it quite fascinating where he plays the lower notes with his index finger while playing the higher notes with his middle and ring fingers all at same time. He usually does a lot of slap bass but this clip he doesn't do that which is why i enjoyed it so much. His slap bass clips are just same as every other slapper (excuse the pun)

Took me a wee while to get used to his Goth look as i don't associate goth with that level of talent but that's just because i don't follow Goth style musicians more than anything else. Thought i should clarify that before the PC police attack me for not judging a book by its cover. :D

I couldn't watch a lot of their music clips but i really enjoyed this one.

Do love the sound from his bass tho. Nice and clean thru his EBS rig.

Dave

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EMG456 said:

What's happened to the keyboard player/ singer?

He disnae count. Drums and bass is all you truly need in a band.

Seriously i don't know because he is playing and can be seen in other clips obviously from same room and time.

Dave

5 minutes ago, EMG456 said:

Like them or loath them (and I know there's a bit of that around), that is the sound of people who really know what they are doing.

No doubt there's amazing talent there no matter what style they are playing.

• Like 1

Linder is as a god to me.  I don't think any of my other heroes have quite such crisp, effortless, fast control of the fingerboard.  And what's more he doesn't shred just for the sake of it, just where it's needed.  Glad to have met him at the London Bass Show a couple of years ago. 

Oooh, this is my thousandth post. How exciting.

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Oooh, this is my thousandth post. How exciting.

Nah. We decided that some of your posts better not be counted, for obvious reasons.
I mean: A Browning man? Gimme a break!
😉

Oh, and congrats. 😀

(Truth in Advertising moment: all of my three pistols were Brownings.
Oh, and my dad's pistol was a Browning as well, so it's a mother's milk thing... er...  dang!)