Why become a member? ×

Good afternoon from Edinburgh. :)

violetelectric

Hello everyone.

My name is Euan and I make music under the alias violet electric. I'm a year into bass although I haven't taken considerable amounts of time to properly learn too much as my main instrument is guitar. I make kinda new wave/ post punk, clash meets hendrix stuff or at least i'm trying to.

I really like using bass to kind of arrange songs in my head and jam ideas. I feel like I hear a bassline far clearer in my head than any other element when im coming up with ideas and it's really nice now i bought myself a little 90s squier p-bass (which does need new pots and jack lol)  to play around with. Also writing on bass is easier for me because I don't really have to consider if a note is major or minor in whatever key i'm in, which I feel on guitar is something that holds me back from playing exactly what I hear in my head. Being a firm believer that sound and experience from music over what is musically correct is a tough life man :P

Thank you for such a warm welcome to the forum i'm sure i'll be sticking around for some time now.

• Like 3