Why become a member? ×

Scat!

stewblack

9 hours ago, stewblack said:

Yes Ella is doing the scat this guy managed somehow to work out what she did and played along with her. 

aha, got it. I would probably never need to do quite that, but I'd like to have a few percent of his ability so I could work out all stuff I do need to do!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Who cares? I can't speak for anyone else, but if my sole reason for playing was to do what other people wanted, I'd give up inside a week.

Sort of missed the point there Rich. But then there seems to be a lot of this going on in this thread, which is why I've DM'd Stew.

49 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Sort of missed the point there Rich. But then there seems to be a lot of this going on in this thread, which is why I've DM'd Stew.

My "who cares?" (which could probably have been better worded as "does it matter?")  was a direct answer to your question "would anyone else want to watch/listen?". As in, do things necessarily have to be played purely because other people will want to listen to them? 
Personally, I'd give my left nut to have his level of skill, both in playing and transcribing. He obviously has an amazing ear as well as 'awesome chops' as I believe some of the hep cats say. Or used to, last century.

Edited by Rich

13 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Which is fantastic (wish I had 10% of your dedication). But would anyone else want to watch/listen? 

I would most possibly and enjoy it too, and sometimes I feel sad about and for some people apparently not being capable of sharing other people's enthusiasm and seemingly never feeling the urge to explore unknown territory  just for the sake of their own curiosity, cause to me that is a pretty essential part of life and the human experience. 

As for the video in the OP, that's pretty amazing, and I even really liked it as well, pretty much sounded like a great jazz bass solo (as in an electric bass guitar solo in a jazz piece), which I guess is not all that strange, given what it was based on.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stewblack said:

I was going to share some dude playing bebop on a double bass which was another piece of unbelievable playing but maybe I won't risk getting my buzz harshed.

Don’t have a harshed buzz! Some people like stuff others don’t, I didn’t watch the video because I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t ding my dong, but my dong (like everyone else’s) has its own tastes. What I really do appreciate and is a really great aspect of this site is checking out stuff other people have found and I’ve listened to loads of stuff I wouldn’t have usually thanks to BC. So keep posting and don’t worry, some folk will dig it, others not, life innit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Don’t have a harshed buzz! Some people like stuff others don’t, I didn’t watch the video because I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t ding my dong, but my dong (like everyone else’s) has its own tastes. What I really do appreciate and is a really great aspect of this site is checking out stuff other people have found and I’ve listened to loads of stuff I wouldn’t have usually thanks to BC. So keep posting and don’t worry, some folk will dig it, others not, life innit.

Frank if I knew how to ding your dong I'd do it every day 😎 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2