Beedster

FS or Trade: Garmin Fenix Chronos (Steel) health/exercise/sport data watch
£400
Canterbury

Needing to move a few unused things along due to ongoing Covid related shortness of cash. This is an amazing hybrid of a sports watch, a health watch and, unlike other watches with similar spec, actually looks quite good when worn as a normal watch as well, i.e., it doesn't shout 'Hey everyone, I do SPORT". Anyway, I bought my first one in 2017 and it quickly became indispensable, but appeared to stop working suddenly in January. So, I contacted Garmin who didn't make things easy re a fix, and suggested that I could be without the watch for a couple of months. So, I bought a second one intending to send the first back to Garmin, and then sell it again once I get the first one back.Then lockdown happened, and I never got around to sending back the original one or reading the stuff Garmin had sent me. Anyway, long story short, it turns out that Garmin thought it might have stopped working because I hadn't run any updates for a while, I ran those a few days back ahead on the off chance and, hey presto, it's all working again. 

These retail at £999 (you can probably get them cheaper but that's Garmin's price https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/532035/pn/010-01957-02). You can see the Garmin serial number in the photo. Unlike my original watch, this has not been worn all day every day and probably has little more than one hour per day's wear, if that (I ended up using my old Garmin Forerunner over lockdown). As you can also see, it comes in the original wooden box and carton with the original unused silver strap and power cable. This is a great watch for tracking pretty much everything, not just sport/exercise but heart rate, heart rate variability, I found it especially useful for sleep tracking. As with all Garmins in this price range, it's very user friendly in terms of customising displays/metrics etc. I can send more photos of different displays etc. 

£400 is a bloody good price :(

image.png.d74d4627d0bab88720308ff692c12845.png

image.png.de54405026bf285851b9c3225b34b828.png

You can set some really detailed watch faces, I went a bit traditional (hey, I play Precisions after all)

image.thumb.png.a04edef6dd7fed42b1717ac902a7a43d.png

Serial number 4L7006874 and heart rate sensor. The charging contacts loo a bit grubby in this photo, I will give it a very good clean before sending. 

image.thumb.png.29221e4553e6a0dbd8a13ef916b7f4f0.png

Steel strap and USB power charger

image.thumb.png.92bb06238149ff6f8e6633ed4e47df64.png

One more Garmin than I need :)

image.thumb.png.045e8a6eff2b8756e1934afa3e8f6794.png

Edited by Beedster

Come on all you (pedal) bikers out there, this is way more stylish and useful than those huge ugly boxes hanging from your handlebars, and far more useful when it comes to measuring training load, recovery, etc (in fact the recovery function is really quite reliable being based on an learning algorithm from your own data).  

Wow. This is awesome. My friend who does ultra marathons swears by these. He is a millionaire mind you...m

59 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Wow. This is awesome. My friend who does ultra marathons swears by these. He is a millionaire mind you...m

Ha ha, yes they are rather expensive, pre-Covid my work was all in the mountains and was, in some cases about moving people away from 'conventional' exercise, so I wanted to track my data whilst not appearing to wear a conventional exercise tracking device. Amazing how often people asked who it was made by and looked genuinely shocked that it's a Garmin. The stuff you can track on this thing is amazing, I got into the habit of checking HRR before and after work events etc and started to track which appeared to be generating the highest levels of stress. It was an interesting journey, the data didn't suggest that I was most stressed when I worked on specific types of events or in specific locations, it suggested I was most stressed when working with specific people :)

I'd be happy to entertain trades on this. Interested in decent studio gear, especially decent mics or interesting rack units, classical guitar, violins or mandolins (all for my daughters). Who knows, even a bass might work...... :)  

Might also put the steel strap on and take some photos of it today, it looks about 5x more expensive that way :)

2 hours ago, Oldman said:

And the steel strap snap!

Thanks for the reminder, I'll get it done either today or tomorrow mate. Cheers. Chris