Why become a member? ×

NBD Ibanez EDA900

PaulThePlug

So, strolling past crack converters, as ya do...

Ibanez EDA900 that i spotted 6 weeks or so ago was still in the window...

Now priced at £100... I updated the above post and got absolutly no support or counseling for GAS...

YOU BASSCHAT BASTARDS MADE ME DO IT...

20201017_201112_resized.jpg

20201017_173819_resized.jpg

Strings off, fret clean with wire wool and a dremel polish, oiled the fretbord, squirt of Mr sheen...

Wonky first pot, (Pickup Vol)... pulls out a bit and just goes round and round!? - B250k Solid Shaft...

Put the old strings back on after cutting about 4cm off each one leaving 8cm past the post n three turns on the spindle...

Action is a bit high, dropped the saddles, but the truss may need a tweek.

Found a manual so will give that a read, piezo pickups?

Ready for some distorted synth funk from the Zoom B1xFour - gonna channel my inner Daft Punk

So, bit-of-weird for £85... What ya recon?

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Good acquisition, especially at that price. 

My first was an EDB 600, for which I paid £80. That broke when it fell on the floor (don't drop them.  Luthite is brittle. Uh... you DO know that the body is plastic,  don't you???)

The EDA does have a piezo and one soapbar.

The necks are slender,  as you know,  and the cooling weather can make them go for a bit of a wander!

Welcome to the plastic-bodied Ibanez club. (I replaced the busted EDB600 with a 605 for a whopping £150!)

Oh... wait for the smell if you leave it in a case for a while. Mine stinks; as though someone has poured white spirit in the case!

Edited by Lfalex v1.1
Stinky plastic!
  • Thanks 1

I always had a soft spot for these. Looks like you got one of the rarer finishes too - most that made it over here were blue or goldfish orange.

I did buy one once a few years ago. Unfortunately,  when it arrived the body had cracked clean in two.

Edit: please tell us you've restrung it properly...

Edited by Cosmo Valdemar
  • Thanks 1

Yep... was aware that it was bakalite-alike...

Yep... had a look at the '02 and '03 Ibby catalogues... It was / is strung as per the pics as far as string run... but previously had way to much string.... so cut em down a bit... now 8cm past the post giving about 3 turns.

20201018_112036_resized.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Action still a little high, saddles on the deck..

20201018_111914_resized.jpg

Anyone got a B250k solid shaft pot going spare, rattling around there spares draw, following an upgrade? I can find an A taper, or a split shaft. But not a B in Solid...

20201018_111958_resized.jpg

The Funky Silver Space Machine!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Yep... was aware that it was bakalite-alike...

Yep... had a look at the '02 and '03 Ibby catalogues... It was / is strung as per the pics as far as string run... but previously had way to much string.... so cut em down a bit... now 8cm past the post giving about 3 turns.

20201018_112036_resized.jpg

Good egg! Really makes my teeth itch, seeing these strung backwards. Ditto Bass Collection. 

I fixed one of these up for a friend of our drummer. The neck did need a shim as suggested earlier, then it set up lower than any bass I've ever done. Absolutely superb neck. That was a 5 string too. The tuner shafts were dead soft though. One was slightly bent, and broke at the split when I took that string off.