Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray prices

ProfJames

BTW, I checked the MM site, and they still offer the FFA Sterling model in a few colours. Sorry my previous post was naming it as a historic model.
Something tells me it now looks a bit different than the original one, but I may be wrong again.

I seem to remember people saying it was MM's "Jazz" if the StingRay was the "Precision" - probably due to its neck.

I'd read up on it before ordering, as I think it's a more divisive model than the StingRay - though not as divisive as the Bongo.

sQMwP5R.png

30 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

If it is a Stingray OR Sterling and it has this legend on the back of the headstock then it is the 'proper' USA version and not any of the confusing lower spec models... which might or might not be as good as the USA version!  :)  

Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay – The Bass Gallery

Unless of course it’s a Stingray Special which is made in the USA but has a different logo on the back, just to cause more confusion!

DB5619A2-68C6-4F7D-94F6-DA52C94313BD.jpeg

• Haha 2

All the instruments since 2015-16 have that logo - to do with a change in the law in the US (California) at the time meant that because elements like the tuners not being made in the US or California prevented the previous logo being used. 

Easier to look at the front of the headstock? Old Smoothie 40th Anniversary - 2016

image.thumb.jpeg.37df9cff4abfded3a97acce09b94aaee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.709d9aa094571cc3ec165b4e1e3a86ba.jpeg

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

All the instruments since 2015-16 have that logo - to do with a change in the law in the US (California) at the time meant that because elements like the tuners not being made in the US or California prevented the previous logo being used. 

Aha, I didn’t realise it was across the board. Every day’s a school day 👍

• Like 1

I've seen a nice 20yr old full fat US MM Sterling with matching black headstock and piezo , up for £1200 . So even the Sterling prices appear to have risen - and I don't really know if it's a valid price or not .

I suppose all MM prices have gone up .

Trouble is , like most who've seen and liked the new ones , and would like one , but lack the 2K ; they're now looking for a really nice 2nd hand one .

Maybe this has contributed to pushing the prices up?

• Like 2