Why become a member? ×

Repairing screw holes in body

TheGreek

Pic would help...

Being a learner, i likes a rest...  stuck one on the GSR200, often find myself using the end of the fret board on the SR600 as the pickup are quite tall...

The wax idea sounds like a cunning plan, where a replacement pick guard wont fix...

Are these the Hardware store, Homebase Furniture scratch type crayon?

Maybe a cocktail stick snipped to go below the surface to take up most of the hole, with a crayon topping...

Don't know if this will help...

I once repaired a substantial chip in the side of a bass (I got it really cheap) with nail varnish. I built it up layer by layer. In the end you could only spot it if you knew it was there. It did help, however, that the bass was gloss black.

Nail varnish has an advantage over enamel paint in that you can clean it up with nail varnish remover.

What colour is it? I've used nail varnish for colour with a top coat of superglue on gloss black body before and it worked a treat. Fill the holes very nearly to the top with the usual sawdust + wood glue, colour with nail polish and finish with superglue. It's a bit time consuming but it works.