Why become a member? ×

Case ideas please!

carlsim

Hi all,

I need to source a new case for gig accessories - leads, pedal, extension lead, ipad cradle etc... I am ditching a photo backpack - what are people using?

No bag for life ideas please... anyone got anything cool they want to share or possibly sell?

Cheers all!

Carl.

Have been looking for a nice bag too, and am currently looking at technician's laptop bags like this one. Lots of pouches, and elastic bands to hold tools which would also hold stuff like a multitool, small flashlight, cables, patch cables, 9V batteries and other small gear that may come in handy at a gig or rehearsal. 

I use a Wenger rucksack. Plenty of different compartments so I can keep instrument leads/amp leads/pedals all separate, rather than in one big jumbled mess. Not cheap but made my gigging life a lot easier, plus it’s very hard-wearing, probably done 150 gigs with it and it still looks in virtually new condition.

I have this for my spare spares. I’d happily swap your for your Pelican Case. I already use one for my main carry in. 

Great bit of kit, zip on one bit could do with restitching but it’s a bombproof bit if kit. Lots of places to attach and store stuff. 

Or look for one similar, pretty decent!!

D038B14A-376E-4372-BFDE-E4B6A00FCC37.jpeg

096D11B7-D6F7-4B44-88F3-9FE0AFFA72C0.jpeg

DA0F65B5-28C3-43E1-AB95-C05BE16F15C2.jpeg

• Like 1

Laptop bags are very useful, especially for bits and bobs with all their compartments. But I highly recommend one of these:

image.png.335fb9bce8b24b5f1e8a7692c10912f5.png

I do carry a lot of cables, spares + PA. I think they are the heaviest item I have to lug about. So, having gone lightweight on everything else I bought one of these. Then when I downsized my PA to an EMX2 I got another. Then another for the EV S-40 monitors.

12 hours ago, itu said:

Mono M80 accepts the Tick 2.0 from the same manufacturer. Easy to attach.

But wickedly overpriced for what it is. As much as I love my M80, I'm not getting a Tick at that price! It would fit my Pedaltrain Nano perfectly, but I'll stick to the gigbag that came with the Nano (which straps around the neck section of the M80 rather than on the mounting rings). 

I’m considering a hard shell cabin suitcase for my ABM head and a few cables. Then attaching my pedal bag to the handle.

it’ll be well protected, only downside is I think I’d prefer to carry it on my back. That way I might be able to unload my gear in a single trip.

perhaps a good quality backpack would be better.

On 15/10/2020 at 13:01, carlsim said:

Hi all,

I need to source a new case for gig accessories - leads, pedal, extension lead, ipad cradle etc... I am ditching a photo backpack - what are people using?

No bag for life ideas please... anyone got anything cool they want to share or possibly sell?

Cheers all!

Carl.

If you're generally driving / being driven, cheap alu flight cases are a pretty good option. Have amp head, power supplies, pedals and cables in one..

Tbf have also taken this on train, with bass on back, and cab in other hand.. 

3 hours ago, Drax said:

If you're generally driving / being driven, cheap alu flight cases are a pretty good option. Have amp head, power supplies, pedals and cables in one..

Tbf have also taken this on train, with bass on back, and cab in other hand.. 

That's funny, as that's where I ended up. I found a good deal on Amazon so if it doesn't work out for me, not a big loss! Interesting to see what other people are using though...

1 hour ago, songofthewind said:

Going on holiday are we, Stew?

I drove down the M4 to Reading and back today and felt like I'd absconded from Stalag Luft. A holiday? Ooh I don't think I can handle that. 

I just don't know who could resist a case that turns into a scooter. I mean how cool is that?? 

• Haha 1