Why become a member? ×

Signature Issues

Sharkfinger

Question

Trying to tweak my signature, I'm suddenly getting issues.  It's now telling me there's too many images, links, lines, etc.  When in fact I was making it less.  Can it be new rules?  Seem a bit draconian.

I've stripped it right back to this, no images, only 4 links an 9 lines.  Still have this error pop up.

What gives?

image.thumb.png.964f291ce67b11ffee930f3a6e28bb00.png

10 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, new measures introduced to prevent mahoosive photos being used in signatures. There is also a limit on lines and links. I can’t remember what the maximum is, but that’s probably what is causing the issue you have. There is a thread somewhere that says what the limits are.

Well, I'm all for it as there are some that take the p*ss.  I did a search for 'signature' in "Site Issues and Questions" but didn't come up with anything relevant.  Will search the wider site.

1 hour ago, ped said:

I will add it to the FAQ maybe - I was hoping that it would tell you the limits when you edit your signature but apparently not!

It does say max dimensions of images, but that other than that is says 'too many of this and too much of that' 

:D