Why become a member? ×

Aluminium necked Kramer DMZ 4000

TheGreek

I was rehearsing today so missed the final days bidding but at £570 i'd be looking for one that works so not sure i would have gone that high.

Maybe next time. I'm still hooked on Sandberg basses at moment. I now have a notion for a Sandberg TT4 or Marlowe DK as recommended by my good friend and Sandberg Spiritual guide @Cuzzie  :D

Dave

• Like 1

On 15/10/2020 at 19:47, Hellzero said:

For those still living in the Middle ages :

4.250 kilos is 9.370 lbs.

4.505 kilos is 9.932 lbs.

4.690 kilos is 10.340 lbs.

Welcome to modern days, where since 1999 the royal measures are supposed to be part of the past...

Yek yek. 😁

Even longer than that, the UK has been metric for 55 years. It just takes the more benighted of the population a long time for it to sink in.

• Thanks 1

The metrication of the UK has been going on piecemeal since the establishment of The Metrication Board in 1968, but still isn't fully metricated. The Board packed it in in 1980, and their final report said '...taken as a whole, Britain is far from being wholly metric."

It's amusing to talk to my children in their late teens early 20s. They weigh in kg, measure in metres, drive in miles, run in km, drink in pints and have no idea what inches or ounces are.

I measure as above, except I estimate people in feet and inches, babies in pounds and basses in kg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richard R said:

It's amusing to talk to my children in their late teens early 20s. They weigh in kg, measure in metres, drive in miles, run in km, drink in pints and have no idea what inches or ounces are.

I measure as above, except I estimate people in feet and inches, babies in pounds and basses in kg.

To be honest i'm kinda mixed as well. I weigh myself in stones and pounds, I drive in miles and mpg. Depending on accuracy i measure in metric when i want accuracy and imperial when approximation does the job. I still call it a pint of milk but measure my home fuel deliveries in litres.

Weird

Dave

• Haha 1

And string spacing in mm.

I do height and weight in cm and kg, generally measure in metric, torque in Nm, longer distances in miles but can switch to km (ditto speeds). Finding it hard to move from psi to bar.

Oh, and I don't much like Al-necked Kramers, from my having a play of a former band-mate's many years ago. It got used as one of the instruments pxed for my first Warwick (I gave said bandmate the money that the shop credited me for it, £75).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tauzero said:

And string spacing in mm.

I do height and weight in cm and kg, generally measure in metric, torque in Nm, longer distances in miles but can switch to km (ditto speeds). Finding it hard to move from psi to bar.

Oh, and I don't much like Al-necked Kramers, from my having a play of a former band-mate's many years ago. It got used as one of the instruments pxed for my first Warwick (I gave said bandmate the money that the shop credited me for it, £75).

I was an Instrument Engineer and got used to the different pressure and temperature scales over the many, many years.

psi, bar, pascals and farneygrade to kelvin altho kelvin wasn't used just as often.

Dave

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Maz LFC said:

Surprised nobody's mentioned that it is a 4001 not a 4000 😎😜

Think originally i was looking for either a 4000 or 4001. General 4000 series. If i remember right the 4001 was generally active but there are many examples where 4000 were active and vice versa with 4001's passive. 4000 normally had the small pick up surround too.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7