Why become a member? ×

Aluminium necked Kramer DMZ 4000

TheGreek

Thank you guys. I'm watching it now. Currently at £160 and i've just today sold my DMX lighting rig so could be good to go. Not much in these basses so an easy fix i reckon. 

Appreciate the heads upas i had given up on finding one that fitted my needs.

Dave

27 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Thank you guys. I'm watching it now. Currently at £160 and i've just today sold my DMX lighting rig so could be good to go. Not much in these basses so an easy fix i reckon. 

Dave

Are you going to hang it on the wall, too?

;)

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Dave

So, still resisting the starshaped Warwick then Dave...🙄😲😆😆😆

Think TalkTalk's bassist had the fretless version of that Kramer, tasty 😉👌🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassTool said:

So, still resisting the starshaped Warwick then Dave...🙄😲😆😆😆

Think TalkTalk's bassist had the fretless version of that Kramer, tasty 😉👌🏼

Pass on the Warwick star bass but i've been looking for a Kramer DMZ4000 or 4001 for a long time now.

Paul Webb did use either the 4000 or 4001. Was one of the main reasons i was looking as i liked the tone he got with it but i don't want a fretless one.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

@dmccombe7 As mentioned elsewhere, my 450 B is 4.505 kilos, my DMZ 6000 B is 4.690 kilos and my The Duke Deluxe Trans Red is 3.665 kilos. Finally not that heavy for such infinite sustain basses.

So a good guess for a DMZ 4000 would be around 4.250 kilos (no Bad*ss, only one pickup, less pots, no backplate, that would be 400 to 500 grams less than say my DMZ 6000 B).

6 hours ago, Hellzero said:

@dmccombe7 As mentioned elsewhere, my 450 B is 4.505 kilos, my DMZ 6000 B is 4.690 kilos and my The Duke Deluxe Trans Red is 3.665 kilos. Finally not that heavy for such infinite sustain basses.

So a good guess for a DMZ 4000 would be around 4.250 kilos (no Bad*ss, only one pickup, less pots, no backplate, that would be 400 to 500 grams less than say my DMZ 6000 B).

What's that in real weight :laugh1:

4.25Kg is approx 9.25ibs so not horrendous by any means. Appreciate that's a guesstimate.

Price is starting to go up on it and still 2 days to go. There's another one for sale but its offers £950. Think that might be there a while but its in good condition. Out of my reach at that with Xmas coming soon.

Dave

This (expired) listing puts weight at 9 lb: https://www.rivercityguitars.com/listing/1978-kramer-dmz-4000-rare-active-bass-aluminum-neck/18093757

Being maple it won’t be light, but I’ve never found any Kramer to be particularly heavy 

There’s a backplate FS too on eBay (to replace the missing one), but it’d add £100 to the total price:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980s-Kramer-Aluminum-Neck-Large-Pots-Cover-Plate-Original/333406112778?hash=item4da08d8c0a:g:CgEAAOSw0Ehd1gh1  - easier to make your own or get a metals workshop to fabricate one

• Thanks 1

For those still living in the Middle ages :

4.250 kilos is 9.370 lbs.

4.505 kilos is 9.932 lbs.

4.690 kilos is 10.340 lbs.

Welcome to modern days, where since 1999 the royal measures are supposed to be part of the past...

Yek yek. 😁

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Welcome to modern days, where since 1999 the royal measures are supposed to be part of the past...

Yek yek. 😁

1lb is 7000 grains of wheat, which is why our 'murican friends weigh their gunpowder in grains.

I'm lucky in that my stingray only weighs 0.15 bushels and is 0.0000651073 Wales units in size.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Yek yek. 😁

Now that we're out of EU we'll probably go back to old money, real weights and measures and proper feet and inches. Nane o that new fangled metric nonsense.:lol:

Can't wait to go back in time and live in the 3rd world again.:laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 3

You are mistaken the imperial pound (lb) with the avoirdupois pound (lb av). They do not weight the same and only 1 lb av is 16 ounces or 7000 grains, but the earlier lb av was 6992 grains. 😂 🤫 

You gotta fight for your right to part ... it ! :facepalm: 

You can also use the French pound which doesn't weight the same from town to town.

Dividing is always a good way to gain power, gun powder power in this case.

• Haha 2