Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA TRB5 Japan Slap-Cut *sold*
£905
Near Vienna, Austria

martybass

Hy folks!

I´m selling this lovely Yamaha TRB5 fivestring from the first Japanese Series with the infamous SlapCut
As you can see it on the pictures, the bass comes in a very rare Charcoal-Gray-Translucent finish and is in great shape.
I really fell for the Yamaha tone by listening to DaftPunk´s Random Access Memories and THIS bass does the job brilliantly.
But due to the fabulous original-electronics this bass is a sound-chamaeleon and definitely no only the funk & fusionists weapon of choice.
Pretty sure, you won´t find much 5ers in that condition on the market. The Bass is here with me near Vienna, Austria but I´m able to ship tankproof 🙂
If you´re searching for a 34" neck, ultra versatile workhorse - DO IT!
Asking GBP 905,- or EUR 999,-  DROP TO EUR 900,- GBP 819,- due to studio microphone financing

Feel free to contact me for any other questions. CHEERS!

@NO! THE FLAMINGO IS NOT FOR SALE 🙂

$_57-3.JPG

$_57-4.JPG

$_57-5.JPG

$_57-6.JPG

Edited by martybass
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great basses these. I'm intrigued by your EQ2 setting with the trim pot in the neutral position (neither cut nor boost) - can you actually hear a difference in tone when you switch between the flat (position 1) and EQ2 (position 3) settings?

1445500567_TRB5trimpot.jpg.0b569b6c8d6ac6e3f2596b0b11910595.jpg

Hello!

Yes, there is a difference, of course.  You dial in the eq-setting tone via the small "wheels" so to speak.
Soundwise I liked the setting on a previous owned BBN5A, photographed it and recalled the setting, so I didn´t have
build that "Random Access"-Tone from scratch 🙂 Cheers, marty  

Hmm, that's interesting, I'll have to have another play with mine! I know the wheel sets the frequency but I've always set the trim pot to a slight boost to get that mid-bump.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...