Why become a member? ×

Am I doing something wrong?

Useless amateur

No probs Jon.

One other thing possibly worthy of note. You will see the pole pieces sit proud of the cover. For me (as someone who hooks their thumb onto the cover when they play) that meant there was less purchase for my thumb. I got round this by putting some cut up beer mat either side of the magnets so the cover was flush. That gives you more room for your thumb. The sound etc is completely unaffected.

I have had to open the holes up on a couple of scratchplates in the past, as @Paul S said not all pickups / pickup covers are the same size, I had to junk a set of cheap pickups that actually sounded quite good where the covers were glued on to the pickup as they were too big to fit any scratchplate I had!

One word of advice, don't drill any holes until you have test fitted everything (including the neck) together, I brought a really nice nitro finished body a few months ago where the builder had already fitted the scratchplate, by the time I had got the pots to fit in the cavity space and the neck sitting in the pocket correctly I had to re-drill all of the scratchplate holes!