Why become a member? ×

SELLERS REMORSE

TheGreek

1 hour ago, gafbass02 said:

I built a bass, put loads of effort into and was dead proud of the outcome. But sold it in a debt panic. Still deeply gutted years later. I worked so hard on it and barely got to use it. 

D31626E6-3777-43EE-97E2-4F67EB97F27D.jpeg

6DD62F5A-17EE-4DED-8661-F17144363264.jpeg

Nice job, did you make the pickguard, it’s a shame you had to sell it 🙂

• Like 1

Sold an ACG custom build 5 string J bass about 3 months after it arrived due to needing to raise cash to repair part of my garden boundary wall that was dangerous to leave as it was. I put all of my thought into the bass and it was delicious but now there’s a fellow BC’er in Scotland owns it now. 
That ACG  and a peach of a Steve Harris Spec. blue sparkle P bass, that to this day makes me wonder what I was thinking when I sold them.

If I could turn back time I’d sit on both of these. 

• Like 1

My first and only trade was a black and white Encore P Bass for my Westone Thunder II in about 1990. I have terrible remorse to this day about passing on the p.o.s to musical exchanges 😂. In fact I was talking to Gary, the manager at PMT in Birmingham the other week. He worked there at the time. I can't remember if I did the deal with him, but if I did........ 

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:46, Frank Blank said:

I’m just starting to really miss the ACG Harlot SC...

Although I really liked that bass, I think I sold it at the right time and don't really miss it. I look back fondly but it was practically brand new when I got it off Pete. A really cool bass that plays and sounds just brilliant, but I've seen it up for sale a few times and never had any burning desire to get it back. 

OTOH, I sold a Status Stealth 6 string years ago that I still miss. Six strings are always the ones I regret selling, though having something fill it's place staunches the wound! These days, I just buy basses. Selling them is a faff and I'd rather build a collection than thin one out. 

• Like 1