Why become a member? ×

17 string bass!

ern500evo

I don't think you could actually buy that from Wish, it'll be a scam like everything else on there. There original was built for the famous YouTube oaf Jared Dines and turned out to have been made in China following some sort of scam involving the original US based builder he had contracted to build it. 

9 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

I don't think you could actually buy that from Wish, it'll be a scam like everything else on there. There original was built for the famous YouTube oaf Jared Dines and turned out to have been made in China following some sort of scam involving the original US based builder he had contracted to build it. 

Ah so that’s what the JD inlay stands for! 

On 10/10/2020 at 23:18, ern500evo said:

Just had an ad come up for this on the Wish website. I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Yours for under £700 if it takes your fancy! 

196414B7-EAA4-4398-A61D-81EBA2170D0D.jpeg

CA2483B9-C46F-41A8-A7F4-5089345FF7C1.jpeg

That's reminded me that i must get on with some ironing

• Haha 2

On 11/10/2020 at 13:55, Chris2112 said:

I'm sure Schack Basses made something like this for NAMM one year, just as a one-off, non-production model. Can't find any pix of it, though.

2 hours ago, Black Coffee said:

I really fail to see the point of this.  
I’d be totally lost on it.  

4 or 5 strings and maybe 6 at a stretch is all I can deal with. 

Am I alone in this ?

I guess if the music you’re creating has need for an extended range bass, then why not. I’ve always used 4 string basses, have played a few fives and a couple of sixes but never gigged with them as I don’t really have a need for it. I’d like to have a go on something like a 9 string, just to see how easy it is to adapt, but like you say, I think I’d be totally lost on it initially. 

I have a 7-string guitar that always messes with my head when I haven't played it for some time. I would be totally lost here too! Would have been helpful if it had some way of helping you tell the strings apart, like different colour strings or different colour areas on the fingerboard or even in the fretwire. Just a little bit of Fisher Price style outlines. This thing is a total puzzle! 

fp604.jpg

Edited by LeftyJ

I had the misfortune of youtube recommending a "Djent 2019" guitar battle video to me.

This involved an 18 string bass/guitar facing off against a 20string bass/guitar.

I lasted about 11 seconds before clicking away.

This link explains more -

https://newatlas.com/djentar-20-string-guitar/58950/

Edited by Woodwind
picture link not working
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woodwind said:

I had the misfortune of youtube recommending a "Djent 2019" guitar battle video to me.

This involved an 18 string bass/guitar facing off against a 20string bass/guitar.

I lasted about 11 seconds before clicking away.

This link explains more -

https://newatlas.com/djentar-20-string-guitar/58950/

Jesus, how annoying is that guy in the video! 

• Like 1