Why become a member? ×

Kinga Glyk,s bass playing.

bubinga5

Yes its a cover, yes she's good looking blah blah...  Absolutely all I care about is how good this girl is on the bass. ive seen a few vids of her..I think she is a killer bassist for so many reasons in her playing.. imo of course. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 6

Her trio work is pretty stunning. She’s got such a great feel as a player. She certainly has the bass chops but she always strikes me as so much more melodic and tuneful than a lot of the shreddy jazz bassists out there. Worth checking out some of her live gigs on YouTube...

• Like 2

Trevor R ..Her solo at 5.20 and her following performance on that Jazz is hands down some of the best melodic funky bass playing I've watched for a long time.. The whole vid is very cool. Her slap playing also top draw tasteful good. 

Edited by bubinga5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Her trio work is pretty stunning. She’s got such a great feel as a player. She certainly has the bass chops but she always strikes me as so much more melodic and tuneful than a lot of the shreddy jazz bassists out there. Worth checking out some of her live gigs on YouTube...

Her solo at 39:10 on the Gibson is lovely, with a nice tone too.

Like you say, the Trio gigs are a good listen, the Piano Player, Rafał Stępień, plays great..!!

Her dad (on the video - Drummer, Irek Głyk) is also a very fine Jazz Vibes player.

Edited by lowdown

On 11/10/2020 at 00:39, bubinga5 said:

Trevor R ..Her solo at 5.20 and her following performance on that Jazz is hands down some of the best melodic funky bass playing I've watched for a long time.. The whole vid is very cool. Her slap playing also top draw tasteful good. 

Thanks for the thread. Always seems to me that they do jazz festivals so much better in Europe. Discuss 😉