Why become a member? ×

NUX Modeler mg300 for baSs and guitars?

Tubster

the NUX MG300 is a cheap modeler that sounds great for electric. What are opinions on if and how it could also serve for acoustic Git and bass?

playing in a duo doing outdoor terraces in Spain and called upon for all 3 instruments to vary things up. Our PA is capable but I want to buy a modeler on which I can create patches for each and swiftly switch between. The NUX is cheap but I think might work. Any ideas or ALternative budget modellers welcomed..

• Like 1

John is that the 3 or 4 switch one?

I have looked at Hotone but had come to the conclusion that price wise it was too close to Stomp. 

I liked the construction and the sounds plus the switch to go between instruments 

can you tell me why you are so happy with it?

Thanks for your comment, it’s so great to see someone doing it.

13 hours ago, Tubster said:

John is that the 3 or 4 switch one?

I have looked at Hotone but had come to the conclusion that price wise it was too close to Stomp. 

I liked the construction and the sounds plus the switch to go between instruments 

can you tell me why you are so happy with it?

Thanks for your comment, it’s so great to see someone doing it.

The Ampero One has three foot switches and an expression pedal. really well built with an all metal casing that really feels solid, I like the fact that it has a touch screen that a lot of similar units don't, it makes it really easy to adjust stuff :) 

I think the sounds/tones from are excellent and with 99 user programmable presets you can really shape the sound, there are more guitar patches than bass one's but I have created new bass ones overwriting guitar ones that I wouldn't use.

It has loads of effects, amp and cab models for guitar and bass (again more guitar than bass). You can also load your own IR's into the unit though I've not done that yet. 

It sounds fantastic when using it silently through headphones (so I don't annoy the wife !!), so it's great for practising and playing when ever you want to.

When I play it through my HeadRush FRFR -108 speaker it's terrific and bloody loud !!

Really happy with it and I use it for a couple of hours every day :D 

John 😎