Why become a member? ×

Scratch/Pick Guards

Dov65

Hopefully tomorrow my new 3-ply b/w/b Bullet bass pickguard is arriving. Can't imagine there will be many 1984 MIJ Squier Bullet basses around in a black / black / maple configuration. Brian's been spot on when I've had pickguards from him before, really fast turnaround, can't wait to get my bass back in action :) 

s-l1600.thumb.jpeg.6b58c2329733c2be3f191de77361081e.jpeg

• Like 2

On 14/10/2020 at 18:08, Paul S said:

Looks like Royal Mail have done something odd with mine.  According to the tracker mine was delivered today at 12:06, when no-one was home, and signed for by XP1.🤪  I'm hoping it will turn up tomorrow safe and sound.

I had this - their terminals use GPS but that only has a 10m radius resolution From space so it may have been delivered next door or left somewhere. If a neighbour doesn’t bring it round I’d challenge the postman with what he/she did with it. 

I think that some posties scan  it then put it in their pockets. We have very obvious cctv so no one tried it at this house 

if no joy then definitely report it not delivered at Royal Mail cust services 

Edited by Geek99

10 hours ago, sykilz said:

XP1 is the code to replace signatures because of Covid restrictions 

Yes, I found that out with a bit of research on t'web.  The slight problem in my case was that postie didn't leave a card so I had no idea where it was.  It was only when I started to think laterally that I lifted up my front door mat and found it.  Luckily none the worse for wear for being stomped on for 2 days.  :) 

1 hour ago, Paul S said:

Yes, I found that out with a bit of research on t'web.  The slight problem in my case was that postie didn't leave a card so I had no idea where it was.  It was only when I started to think laterally that I lifted up my front door mat and found it.  Luckily none the worse for wear for being stomped on for 2 days.  :) 

Yes , that's just stupid, I don't do delivery any more but always leave a card if you leave a package somewhere, it's only common courtesy not to mention proper process.  Glad it's OK 👍

Edited by sykilz
  • Like 1

Finally got my Bullet bass pickguard on. B/W/B looks better on this bass than the original 3-ply white. The original guard was thicker material and heavier, but the new one is still great quality and cut to fit perfectly. All screw holes lined up 100%. Can fully recommend Brian / earlpillanz if you're needing a custom replacement pickguard  👍

And now he's got a template for the 1984 MIJ Bullet pickguard so if anyone wants to change theirs, he's the man to go to.

0.jpeg.823ebd4798ab682dd17cb30ea4ced0cc.jpeg

0-1.jpeg.2fc6935da4e7d87ef3980c08366577ff.jpeg

• Like 2