Why become a member? ×

Anthemic encore songs?

Trueno

10 hours ago, Jonesy said:

It's not really my cup of tea, but McCartney closes his set with Hey Jude and it's built for an audience sing along.... 

Or how about some Queen? We will rock you has the stamp clappy bits and is easy enough to sing along with. 

Although it'd be a bit odd telling the crowd how you're about to rock them and then just walking off and saying goodnight 😂

We do Hey Jude in my acoustic duo. The perfect song to finish off for us - get them all singing the ‘Na na.....’ section, firstly with us , then on their own (usual thing) and finish off together. Rousing but slow enough for people not to get too excited and ideal for those who are a bit tired and emotional. Never thought I’d miss playing it like I am right now either. 😷

3 hours ago, Trueno said:

The only ones I can't consider are AC/DC. My last band did a lot of AC/DC and the vocalist had it nailed... don't think the current singer could quite do it... he does a very creditable Marc Bolan, though...

Hot Love - such a massive singalong at the end

43 minutes ago, stewblack said:

If insufficiently anthemic I can heartily recommend Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger. I dep for a wedding band and this is how they end every gig. never, ever fails

Classic.... usually 20 grand wasted these days.... just saying...... My nan and grandads story however.... 

We would typically end with Under The Bridge or Champagne Supernova - anthemic, sing-along numbers which importantly, are slower. They calm the punters down and let's them know the night's over in a way a Sweet Caroline or a Sex On Fire doesn't.

Still doesn't stop some folk from demanding more as you dismantle the drum kit and strip down the PA of course, but most people get the idea.

The Who's My Generation was how we always ended. Good crowd singalong, they always shouted the f word over the 'f-f-f-fade away' line and there's the noisey outro where you can thank them for coming or whatever and milk the applause. 

And there's the bass solo, too. 

Edited by upside downer

Cheesy but we always finish with the Beatles Let it Be which segues (which is when the thank you for coming/introduce the band etc is done) into the chorus of Hey Jude. Always goes down an absolute storm.

Edited by 6feet7