Why become a member? ×

Anthemic encore songs?

Trueno

... for old fartz classic rock covers band.

We are currently working on the GnR version of Knockin on Heavens Door and I'm not feeling the love. I don't like Bob, I don't like GnR and I really don't like Duff's basslines. I'm sure it would work in a live context, but it's a right load of boring old ***** trying to practise it.

Any better suggestions?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trueno said:

... for old fartz classic rock covers band.

We are currently working on the GnR version of Knockin on Heavens Door and I'm not feeling the love. I don't like Bob, I don't like GnR and I really don't like Duff's basslines. I'm sure it would work in a live context, but it's a right load of boring old ***** trying to practise it.

Any better suggestions?

I hear ya. Duller than a dull thing with the word 'DULL' painted on it in big grey letters.

One thing I've found the punters absolutely love is Reef's 'Place Your Hands'. Gives 'em a proper singalong and there's a good opportunity for an audience participation chorus or two.

• Like 1

It's not really my cup of tea, but McCartney closes his set with Hey Jude and it's built for an audience sing along.... 

Or how about some Queen? We will rock you has the stamp clappy bits and is easy enough to sing along with. 

Although it'd be a bit odd telling the crowd how you're about to rock them and then just walking off and saying goodnight 😂

Edited by Jonesy

All good... some are true stonkers...

I will have to make a masterlist.

... now I'm thinking of forming an Anthemic Encore Band.

The only ones I can't consider are AC/DC. My last band did a lot of AC/DC and the vocalist had it nailed... don't think the current singer could quite do it... he does a very creditable Marc Bolan, though...