Why become a member? ×

£7 for a Ritter, and a Fodera for £3

anzoid

Get 'em while they're hot:

Ritter Roya currently at £7.50 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ritter-Roya-5-String-10th-Anniversary-Bass-Guitar-quilted-redwood/293773306807

Fodera currently at £3 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fodera-Bass-Imperial-Elite-Select/293773306836

Also got a Steinberger "very very rare" guitar... but no-one cares about six skinny strings anyway.

I think someone got their account hacked.

Not at all, the guy is quite clever as the best way to sell at high prices when bids are involved is to start at the lowest price possible. I've been selling through eBay for years and always had the best results this way. Furthermore all his ads end on Sunday (local time), which is also another great way to get higher prices. 😉

Edited by Hellzero
Spelling

2 hours ago, No. 8 Wire said:

I don't know if these ads are fake as such, but they are definitely outside Ebay rules so will be taken down soon.

I assume it's a scam though. 

Clue is the the email address in the photos. 

Exactly, and if you look at the photos - they're all taken in different places, someone listing multiple items generally takes photos of the stuff in the same place. And the Ritter image just looks like a stock photo.

And @Hellzero - there's no reserve prices on his auctions, and the image you posted is kinda proof of nefarious intent. So, not clever... account takeover (find a good account with lots of positive feedback) and used by a scammer.

Edited by anzoid

I don't think he's been hacked as he's doing this for months and maybe even years (under other pseudos). Seen the email address before and reported it a few times to eBay, but he's still there...

Or he's so easy to hack that you see what happens... 🤣

5 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

I don't think he's been hacked as he's doing this for months and maybe even years (under other pseudos). Seen the email address before and reported it a few times to eBay, but he's still there...

Or he's so easy to hack that you see what happens... 🤣

Interesting... is it always the same eBay account then? I've seen this type of scam before (possibly even the same basses...) with just the email address in an image and/or the same type of "here's the real value/price" image + invitation to email, but never really noted whether it was the same eBay account.

4 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Looks like everything has been removed from eBay, including 2 other items (Tobias and another Ritter I was following).

Hacked or blocked ? Did someone report these ads ?

Yeah i reported the scamming cnuts

• Thanks 2

I spotted a couple more with the buy-from-some-pawnshop.com image with price and reported to ebay and it's gone (they do seem to react when you tell them it's avoiding fees!).

(I couldn't link that one here, because it was the brand which cannot be mentioned...)