Why become a member? ×

Hi from rainy Cheshire.

v12cat

Hi. I am Alan from East Cheshire. I own and run heavy machinery in the agricultural sector.  Long time lover of all heavy bass guitar music but never quite got there with playing or owning one.  Life long piano player and I do own an old Japanese  RG550 but it has never inspired me enough to be any more than an occasional noise maker. I’ve now got a bass, a humble second hand squire p-bass, and I love it!!  It makes the sounds I’ve always loved in music and I’m loving learning how to play it. 

Edited by v12cat
Additional info.
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Would that be a v12 Caterpillar, by any chance..? ;)

Hi!  Actually, no. 16 litre V8 Mercs are as big as we go in heavy diesels!

It is a long held name that I’ve used for decades on YouTube, Instagram and newsgroups before. 

This is the V12 cat. (Assume links work here) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Teebs said:

There's nothing humble about a Squier P bass!

I read up a bit and figured it would be a good place to start. Simple and not too expensive. I bought it off a life long bass player who seemed a really decent guy who knew what he was talking about. Maybe even a forum member? Well set up I think. Action is possibly a bit high. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 09:34, Richard R said:

The Jag V12 also makes a wonderful noise 😀

A considerably better noise than my bass at the moment!  Mostly due to my amateur playing but it doesn’t seem to be as well set up as I had hoped. Action was stratospheric and the neck was convex!😬.  Sorted both of those but to me it looks like the nut has been filed too much. May be ok but A and D strings are only a whisker off the first fret and will buzz on an open string with strong plucking.  

The jag has had the rear resonators removed and also the intake snorkels widened. This gives roughly 10% more power and also alters its’s tone for the better considerably!😎

Edited by v12cat
grammar

On 09/10/2020 at 07:30, v12cat said:

Hi. I am Alan from East Cheshire. I own and run heavy machinery in the agricultural sector.  Long time lover of all heavy bass guitar music but never quite got there with playing or owning one.  Life long piano player and I do own an old Japanese  RG550 but it has never inspired me enough to be any more than an occasional noise maker. I’ve now got a bass, a humble second hand squire p-bass, and I love it!!  It makes the sounds I’ve always loved in music and I’m loving learning how to play it. 

Dude, that's excellent. I'm always happy hearing about people who have come to the Low Side 😉

• Like 1