Why become a member? ×

Exterminator bass

ProfJames

Great point........I asked for some more info, this is what came back.  CITES may well be interested.........

about exterminator bass,basically i can make 3 versions,
-bolt on ,this style can be like original with laminated 3 pieces body
walnut canary walnut,hardwood neck,on original was used very rare tulipwood neck,not exactly tulipwood,but here called guayacan rayo,is similar to canary but harder,or other,from semihard to extra hard,
-neck thru version,recomended with semihard neck thru,and walnut or other wings
-slab one piece,,on that case i would need to use semihard wood for some kind of static good neck,and make some slimer, this model is +3 inch fat body
original near 4,so would be matter of avoid excess of weight for using a harder wood that walnut
for 4 string bass,or 5 ,1 truss rod
for 6 or 7 2 truss rods,,,this models has 1 inch wider body just for avoid that it seems not good about unit of neck and body
pickups,hardwound,but also EMG or economic, i can get Shadow economic,very good quality or others similar,
all the other by the way,
usually i need to make a complete study for the work,i tell you only in basic lines,but we would need to make a complete specs checking
thanks a lot have nice day
saludos desde Colombia

On 09/10/2020 at 07:10, BreadBin said:

That's an odd definition of private stock?

We get that quite a lot here - a good example is the owner of Grossman basses who insisted every bass he sold was ‘his own’ and ‘nothing to do with the company’ 😂

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ped said:

We get that quite a lot here - a good example is the owner of Grossman basses who insisted every bass he sold was ‘his own’ and ‘nothing to do with the company’ 😂

Private stock, but made to order! Someone's really pushing the marketing BS there!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

The guy in Colombia is actually Polish, had a few emails with him, nice guy.  I cannot decide if I like them or not.......completely subjective ............ 

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case I think it can only be in the hands of the blind.

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2020 at 19:36, JottoSW1 said:

Seen them on Reverb, winced and moved on. Do look well made though. Imagine there'll be customs interest when it ships from Colombia.

Until you look at the photo on a slightly larger scale, and then you realise  Nancy Johnson is 100% correct

7 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

It looks like something a kid would knock up as a woodworking project at school. 

crap.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ped said:

He was my favourite, always just pointing people towards his brand even if it wasn't what they were looking for 😅

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

He was my favourite, always just pointing people towards his brand even if it wasn't what they were looking for 😅

He's done it all over talkbass, too. Just search for Mayones Cali and every single thread ends with him plugging his version of the bass. You've almost got to admire that brazen attitude. I told TB about it but they said it's too late to do anything, meaning what I'm not sure.