Why become a member? ×

SOLD mods please close - Squier 1983 JV Jazz (Japan)
£800
Cardiff

Marc S

Price drop: £770.

I need to thin the herd - especially as gigs are non-existent currently :(
Can't believe I'm doing this :o but as my Roadworn Jazz hasn't sold - I'm putting this superb JV Jazz up for sale. I only need one Jazz bass - as I usually gig one of my P basses (or my PJ)

I only took this bass in trade a short while ago, from a fellow BC member. It is in absolutely amazing condition for its' age - there's hardly a mark on it. Any slight dings are quite tricky to photograph. The Oly white has aged and yellowed very nicely :) Moreover, the bass feels and sounds absolutely amazing - it's the best sounding passive Jazz I've ever owned or even played. I put it through my main bands' PA some weeks back, and it blew me away. The neck just feels really comfortable to play too - slimmer than my Roadworn Jazz and either of the two US Jazzes I owned. Not perhaps as slim as a MIJ Reissue that I once recall playing.... It also just "feels" so silky smooth & comfortable....
Strung with Flats (which has become my penchant) - I can let you have the nearly brand new rounds that came with the bass

My only slight "issue" is that the bass weighs 4.5 Kg according to my digital scales (they seem accurate enough) - which is half a kilo more than my RW. That's not a huge difference, I know... except to my ageing shoulders ;)

I don't want to post this bass, so COLLECTION / MEET UP only - I've got a nice Bose battery powered PA and amp headphones so you can hear it. (once local lockdown in Cardiff is over!) No Trades Please - I'm only selling to thin the herd.

IMG_20200728_174206317.jpg

IMG_20200728_174227916.jpg

IMG_20200728_174244942.jpg

IMG_20200728_174303244.jpg

IMG_20200906_184052293.jpg

IMG_20200728_174336893.jpg

IMG_20200906_183922761.jpg

IMG_20200906_183615222.jpg

IMG_20200906_183634225.jpg

IMG_20200906_184018808.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to my own thread here, to say we're in Local lockdown in South Wales, and it looks likely that we'll go into full lockdown in the very near future
So it may be difficult, nay impossible to hand this bass over to any prospective buyer in the coming fortnight or so - however, that's still my preferred method of delivery atm

sorry.... I don't mind posting a 2 or 300 quid instrument but not a classic like this one

Hi, sorry @Deepbass I don't know what the wood is. There's an identical body on eBay - that may have the wood type in the description....

I'm guessing someone else on here may know anyway. The weight of the whole bass is 4.5 - 4.6kg, so it's not a super lightweight (my RW Jazz is 3.9 kg).

Thanks Marc, there is one on here (for more than yours) which has been refinished and which is ash apparently but I think that is less usual than whatever the other woods they used were...but I may be wrong...its hard to tell from looking at the neck pocket but that might be the only way to tell short of stripping the finish etc...

Back up for sale. Again, I'm hoping for a socially distanced meet-up / hand-over..... When we are allowed to do so.
The more I think about this bass though, the more I'm tempted to just keep two Jazz basses..... what the heck! lol

Just putting this out there, I realise the marketplace is quite slow atm, and very understandably so....

In light of this, even though I previously said "No trades" - I've decided to add a possible one - if you have a Status, like the one he plays here in his video of Kirsty MacColl's "Walking Down Maddison" and "Days". (Or if you have something of very similar size / design / weight)

I know I also said "5 strings aren't for me" but I think I should maybe persist and have another go ;)  especially if it's something so neat & compact.
So if you've got a Status like Guy's (sorry I don't know the Model) or something really similar, I might consider a trade, obviously with cash your way, if it's as valuable as Guy's bass

EDIT: I also realise this is not something that's that much of a possibility! lol - I'm just putting it out there

Edited by Marc S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to add a note here - someone has asked me if I will post, if they arrange the courier
We're in the midst of sorting that out, as it looks like travelling / meeting up for exchange is not possible for some time yet....