Why become a member? ×

Which pedalboard setup would you choose for funk rock?

ReeV0

Hi guys,

I can't decide how I'd like to have my pedalboard...

I've currently got a Zoom MS70CDR, but also has lots of effects from MS50G and MS60B on it. I also have a Zoom B3 but don't use it anymore. Tbh, I love the MS70CDR - I think it sounds really good, is easy to use and has tonnes of effects. The only things that aren't great are the octave/synth tracking and distortion.

So that's why I was thinking about getting a Boss OC-5 to solve the octave problem, and a Darkglass to solve the distortion problem. But after realising how much I'd be spending, I'm now wondering if I should just sell the Zoom and start again...

I play a lot of funk rock, RHCP-style stuff, mixed with heavier tones like RATM and Disturbed. The Zoom does this pretty well, I've got the bass tone from Chameleon dialed in perfect! It also has loads of great ambient and modulation effects, like the envelope filters and sequential filters etc.

So I guess my question is, can the HX Stomp match the Zoom in terms of quantity of effects, for bass? I've heard it's great for guitar but not amazing for bass :/Pedalboard.jpg

Edited by jjl5590

I bought loads of different pedals and then decided to sell them all and just use an HX Stomp..... like most “programmable” equipment, you get out of it what you put into it....I am sure it can’t produce all the esoteric tones and effects of individual pedals but it’s fine for my use. Editing on the box itself is quite easy, or you can do it in the software on your PC.  Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

4D812A43-589C-483D-B079-9B5FD2D72ED3.jpeg