Why become a member? ×

SOLD Xotic XJ-1T 5 String Bass in Vintage White - LOOKING FOR TRADE DOWN WITH CASH
£1400
Lowestoft

carlsim

Xotic XJ-1T 5 String Bass in VGC - vintage white colour. 2008 model. I do have the spec sheet which came with the bass as new.

Bought on here a while ago and whilst I had been after one for a while, a new SR5 special has come and I need to recoup some cash, especially given the distinct lack of gigs at the moment!

I have spent quite a bit on this when it came to me, servicing and cleaning, setup and adjustments and now it plays great. Some minor marks and dings (see pics) but overall in VGC. Very versatile 3 band EQ alongside the traditional VVT controls, active / passive switch, plus additional switches which switch frequencies in the lows and mids. I have Loxx straplocks on at the moment which I am happy to leave or replace.

This is the US model, not the Indonesian ProVintage series, this is the full fat version which are £2K+ new. Comes with a gig bag (not the original Xotic one).

Trades - more interested in a lower value bass plus some cash. Looking for around a 1K bass plus a few hundred my way. Jazz basses are of a particular interest, a US 70s RI 5 string or something similar. Must be a 5 string though. Hit me with any ideas. Cash sale is also welcome but prefer collection. Can travel a bit for the right deal. I can look at posting but I might have to source a hard case or send the bass neck off.

Carl.

PXL_20201004_105518811.jpg

PXL_20201004_105546003.jpg

PXL_20201004_105554510.jpg

PXL_20201004_105607796.jpg

PXL_20201004_105633024.jpg

PXL_20201004_105646658.jpg

Edited by carlsim
Sold
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, retro said:

Hi. Nice bass. What's the weight?

Hi... Weight (weighing myself then again with the bass, not exact I know but the best I can do) looks to be 9.5/10lbs... Feels very similar to a SR5 I had a while ago, it balances and plays lovely...

• MB1 locked this topic