Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn. Fender Crafted in Japan non export 70's reissue Precision
£700
Darlington

karlfer

Reluctant but the other two don't seem to be going anywhere & this just sits in the cupboard (I don't like the colour)

CASE in pictures isn't included.

Chip on bass side of neck otherwise very good condition.

2004, alder body, maple neck, rosewood board. Nut 40mm (same as a Nate). 9lb 3oz, nice low to medium action.

TRADES.

Prefer to sell trade value is higher but could be tempted with straight swap for;

Mex Road Worn Precision Sunburst only.

American Special Precision.

COURIER.

Please organise & pay for your own. It will be sent in a basic gigbag & a Squier bass box.

Keep safe & thanks for looking,

Karl.

B.JPG

A.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

E.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.JPG

J.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 10

1 minute ago, karlfer said:

I don't like the colour

Now that surprises me Karl - I thought you loved all the greens! Or this bluer than my monitor is showing...in any event I think it looks great and I bet that's a fast neck. GLWTS!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevsy71 said:

Now that surprises me Karl - I thought you loved all the greens! Or this bluer than my monitor is showing...in any event I think it looks great and I bet that's a fast neck. GLWTS!

It's one of them Kev, it's Daphne Blue but it's sat next to me now, the colour looks darker than the photos & is just touching on the blue green thing. I have one of those Roasted LE's from last year & that's the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

I had a crafted in Japan P in oly. Sold it on here a number of years ago and still regret doing so. Lovely thing. 

Thanks Dunc. These are yer actual rare model in the UK as they weren't for sale here.

As ever, none come up for a long time, then there's 3 in a few months.

The last 2 sold at £750 (reduced from £850) & £925 respectively according to the adverts.

7 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

I've had a number of these basses and they have all been, without exception, terrific instruments. Every one was bought blind but you can have enough confidence in the build quality to take it for granted (IMHO).

Absolutely Steve, I have never played a MIJ Fender Precision that was anything other than great. I certainly can't say the same for MIA or MIM. 

This one looks bloody lovely :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I've had a number of these basses and they have all been, without exception, terrific instruments. Every one was bought blind but you can have enough confidence in the build quality to take it for granted (IMHO).

11 hours ago, Beedster said:

Absolutely Steve, I have never played a MIJ Fender Precision that was anything other than great. I certainly can't say the same for MIA or MIM. 

This one looks bloody lovely :)

Thanks gents.

My other two that are for sale are now on up on Feebay (there's an offer on final value fees 😁), hopefully one of them will go before this does.

Edited by karlfer

I've not played a bad Fender Japan either. They seem to be much more consistent in quality than US  Fenders.

This one is a really nice colour @karlfer - I'm surprised you're not so keen on it.. but of course, that's down to personal taste. 

If I didn't have my early China made Squire CV, in a very similar colour, I'd be tempted. GLWTS matey :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marc S said:

I've not played a bad Fender Japan either. They seem to be much more consistent in quality than US  Fenders.

This one is a really nice colour @karlfer - I'm surprised you're not so keen on it.. but of course, that's down to personal taste. 

If I didn't have my early China made Squire CV, in a very similar colour, I'd be tempted. GLWTS matey :)

Cheers Marc. Yes, it's a good 'un.

57 minutes ago, karlfer said:

£600 collected or sort your own courier.

I plugged this in last night, nothing! Not a sausage. Bugger all.

So, it could be a £5 jack or  £5 pot or it could be the pickup is buggered. I don't know, so sold as is, not working.

Feeling lucky punk 😁

Only at this price until Friday evening, when I will have time to start sorting something.

Once I've spent money on it, it will be withdrawn.

Bah humbug.

Try another lead Karl. I've literally just plugged a bass in and all was well, tried another and nothing but the lead worked when I pressed the tip? Plugged it in again, nothing, pulled it part way out and it started working. Before I took the bass to bits, I tried another lead. Hey presto! Equilibrium is restored 😀

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, itsmedunc said:

Try another lead Karl. I've literally just plugged a bass in and all was well, tried another and nothing but the lead worked when I pressed the tip? Plugged it in again, nothing, pulled it part way out and it started working. Before I took the bass to bits, I tried another lead. Hey presto! Equilibrium is restored 😀

Done that. With several leads Dunc.

• MB1 locked this topic