Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Spector Legend 4X Classic 'Spectorbird' - upgraded
£600
Guildford/Woking

cetera

Reluctantly offered for sale as I have a couple of very expensive incoming purchases....

The Legend 4X Classic takes the classic Thunderbird style into the present.... and is the only 'affordable' Spector featuring the rare custom 'Spectorbird' X body as favoured by Nikki Sixx etc...

The body is crafted from solid maple with a genuine figured maple top in a gorgeous high gloss black stain. The deepset (6 bolt) 24 fret, 34" neck is 3-piece maple with a 24 fret pau ferro fingerboard, complete with dot inlays which I have upgraded with Spector crown fret decals. (Graphite) Nut width is 1.57".
It comes fitted as standard with specially designed Spector SSD humbuckers, which work in conjunction with the onboard Spector TonePump Jr. active tone controls offering 12dB of treble/bass boost for a versatile range of tones.

I have upgraded the previously black hardware to a gold Spector style bridge and gold Gotoh tuners to complete the 'classy' custom look.

The bass is in excellent '9' condition. They appear to have stopped manufacturing these now.... They were originally approx £850 and there are not many available used (e.g. £625 on reverb without upgrades) so, if this body style/look is your thing, don't miss out!

Payment by cash on collection, Paypal (you pay all fees) or Bank Transfer. NO trades please. Courier at buyers cost/choice.

Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction. Thanks!

20201007_121813.jpg

20201007_121845.jpg

20201007_121938.jpg

20201007_121950.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 2

Very nice one for a very tempting price 🤩

I know the shape of the Spector Rex Brown sig was a bit different but it still reminds me of his bass, especially due to the gold hardware that his Spector prototype from the late 90s and his Gibson Thunderbird had. BTW, there will be Rex Brown sig basses coming from Gibson/Epiphone!

GLWTS 👍

315728237_rexbrownII.jpg.c0aeb36c2a5be7900735b7f05394f543.jpg   Rex-thunderbird.thumb.jpg.6f2ee7796ab6bb1d2a8cb62ec76a6178.jpg

6 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Very nice one for a very tempting price 🤩

I know the shape of the Spector Rex Brown sig was a bit different but it still reminds me of his bass, especially due to the gold hardware that his Spector prototype from the late 90s and his Gibson Thunderbird had. BTW, there will be Rex Brown sig basses coming from Gibson/Epiphone!

GLWTS 👍

Cheers!

Yeah, I was never a fan of the Rex shape - looked odd. This is much more easy on the eye ;)

Rex is a gear whore - since he stropped out of Spector (they didn't feed his ego) he just goes with anyone who'll give him free gear.... lol!

6 minutes ago, cetera said:

Rex is a gear whore - since he stropped out of Spector (they didn't feed his ego) he just goes with anyone who'll give him free gear.... lol!

I also learned from a video on YT that he gets paid for being an endorsee and he announced his new Gibson/Epi basses before telling Warwick about it. Not cool.

Well, I am happy for any company to give me free gear but I guess that won't happen in this life 😉